Yao Ming in Superbowl commercial

Down here in the south we have watermelon seed spittin' contests!  Now what's more pathetic than that?

But when I was in Shanghai last May/June, there was plenty of watermelon available.  We ate it most every day.  I wonder if they have seed spittin' contests there?  Somehow I doubt it.

I remember wining a bubble gum blowing contest at the county fair. How about that? :blink: :blink:

Phil

Owen and Mick and others,

For you in China, TV shows in US are dominated with Reality show now.  There is one show called "Fear Factor" in which people do stunts to win $50,000.  Last week, they had a race inwhich two competitors picked up dead rats with their mouth and threw them in a basket.  The person who threw in the most rats continued to the next round.  They picked up about 20 dead rats.  B)

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/01/25/...ain537964.shtml

OK, that settles it. I am looking for another position over here for next year.

I hear you Owen! But if I in fact look for another position over here, I might have to by-pass Guangdong. Rats are considered fair game down here. In fact, at a banquet they once served "New Born Mice" served in a roiling sauce that look like Pepto-Bismol. My Chinese friend explained that the mice had to be eaten within 24 hours of birth or else they lost their "exquisite flavor". I assure you, I am not making this up. He went on to say that in Guangdong the rule is: "If its back faces heaven, it probably taste good". I passed on the delicacy. :blink: :blink: :huh:

Seriously, however, I'll bet some of my friends down here could give those Rat Tossers a real run for their money. :D