Notarize tax return in China

I think I read this in a thread earler but can someone please confirm? I didn't know and therefore I didn't notarize my last 2 years tax returns. I think you can go to the US consulate and a VO can notarize them. Is this true?

Please confirm.... Thank you.....

I think I read this in a thread earler but can someone please confirm? I didn't know and therefore I didn't notarize my last 2 years tax returns. I think you can go to the US consulate and a VO can notarize them. Is this true?

Please confirm.... Thank you.....

Since fiance(e)s are nonimmigrant visa applicants, you use the I-134, and only one year of tax returns is needed, unless your self-employed, then you have to bring the last three years...

You will need to submit an I-864 when they adjust status to conditional immigrant in the United States after you are married. And three years of taxes for this.

You don't need your tax returns notorized. They will accept copies or tax transcripts from the IRS. If you submitted e-copies, just make print outs and sign them before copying. If you turn in an unsigned one, they could deny it.

Apparently, some have had items requiring notorization to be notorized at the consulate for free.. But others have paid for some.

If you submitted e-copies, just make print outs and sign them before copying.    If you turn in an unsigned one, they could deny it.

I realize the above is addressing a K-1, I-134 but IF processing an I-864 at NVC GET the IRS letter1722 for efiling. Also TWO of my efile returns (one done by a private CPA and another done by a national known tax service) have a LARGE dot matrix "COPY ONLY" over the signature area on the back of the 1040 form.

If you submitted e-copies, just make print outs and sign them before copying. ? If you turn in an unsigned one, they could deny it.

I realize the above is addressing a K-1, I-134 but IF processing an I-864 at NVC GET the IRS letter1722 for efiling. Also TWO of my efile returns (one done by a private CPA and another done by a national known tax service) have a LARGE dot matrix "COPY ONLY" over the signature area on the back of the 1040 form.

Agreed. DOS is looking for something from IRS if you are using the I-864: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/in.../info_1329.html.

For my I-134, I just used my file copies with a certification (by myself) that the copies were exact copies of the originals sent to IRS. I had requested transcripts, but they didn't arrive in time.

I guess we will see on Wednesday because that is what I have...

So, when you pass on Wednesday it'll be a known go for e-filers.

Oh, now I remember- other's have gone before and the VO does not ask to see these, only the I-134!!!

often when asked for the I-134, the SOs have given the tax returns at same time...

Just wanted to add some useful information. I went to notarize my documents at the US Consulate yesterday. They said that because the documents were needed for a visa, that it was free. I notarized some other documents at the same time for a different purpose and it cost $30 per notary.

They also told me only the I-864 form has to be notarized, not tax forms, bank statements, or any other supporting financial documents.

FYI: American Citizen Services Unit is open Monday-Friday 10-12pm, 1:30-3:30pm

Just wanted to add some useful information. I went to notarize my documents at the US Consulate yesterday. They said that because the documents were needed for a visa, that it was free. I notarized some other documents at the same time for a different purpose and it cost $30 per notary.

They also told me only the I-864 form has to be notarized, not tax forms, bank statements, or any other supporting financial documents.

FYI: American Citizen Services Unit is open Monday-Friday 10-12pm, 1:30-3:30pm

Ditto except: Fees for a "private" document are $30 for the first page and $20 for subsequent pages. Total of $50 for notarization of a two page document (and TWO REQUIRED notary signatures) in my case. Someone elses in line before me (real estate doc.) there was $210. acw