Unclear about i-134 - affidavit of support

For form i-134 item 11:

That I INTEND to make specific contribution to the support of the person(s) named in item 3. (If you check "intend," indicate the exact nature and duration of the contributions. For example, if you intend to furnish room and board, state for how long and, if money, state the amount in United States dollars and state whether it is to be given in lump sum, weekly, or for how long)

What am I suppose to write for this? I basically intend to support my fiancee. Any idea?

Thanks......

Guest blsqueaky
In the case of a fiancee (this same form is used for many different types of visas) you can just state that you intend to provide for all of her living expenses.

We all stress on this form (me included), but my form wasn't even looked at!! :D

Same here, but you just never know

I think the only thing on this line important for K visas is to check "I intend".

I added "I will be responsible for all expenses from the time she enters the U.S. through marriage and approval of work authorization or until return to China"

I figured that covered everything but I think they just want the box checked to establish legal obligation. If this were a lecture invitation or business arrangement specifics would be supplied.

I think the only thing on this line important for K visas is to check "I intend".

I added "I will be responsible for all expenses from the time she enters the U.S. through marriage and approval of work authorization or until return to China"

I figured that covered everything but I think they just want the box checked to establish legal obligation. If this were a lecture invitation or business arrangement specifics would be supplied.

I agree.. it's like more of a 'test' or 'flag' question.. They expect just one answer and then the explanation should also state the intention in a permanent way of supporting them.

Don't check any of those boxes and write down following:

"N/A (K1 visa process for permanent residence)"

Since your fiancee is going to stay in USA for a long time, and she should be able to support her eventually.

Please correct me if i am wrong!

This does apply since the question is whether you intend to support the applicant. This is the legal purpose of an affidavit of support. Just writing "K-1 applicant" probably is enough of an explanation. Failing to have someone agree to support the individual would cause rejection for lack of a sponsor if they actually read the form.