Where to stay in GZ for the interview?

The link for the Horizon Travel service here was great! There is another link on CFL to travelchinaguide I had a problem with.

Both sites list a $34 a day rate for a standard room at the Victory annex. The travel....site seems to be pulling a bait and switch operation. I sent them my info for the $34.00 rate BUT they sent an email that ONLY a $60.00 BUSINESS ROOM was available. I replied, "NO, THANKS, too expensive for us." Upon going to Horizon that DID have the $34.00 rooms, they found that the other agency had ALREADY BOOKED us at the Victory for $60 X 5 days. Victory Hotel would NOT rebook with Horizon Travel until travelchinaguide cancelled the reservations. Took SEVERAL emails and three days to iron it out! :angry: :angry: :angry: acw

I recommend the Shamian Hotel over the Victory Hotel. It's cheaper and it looks out over the river while the Victory Hotel looks out over a stinky drain. Both are about the same distance from the consulate.

Your room had a window? :angry:

Actually, our room didn't have a window onto the river (it did have a window) but that's cuz we didn't want to pay extra for one. They are available.