Tracking NVC to GZ shipment

My case was completed at NVC yesterday. I understand that I can track the shipment of my petition package from NVC to GZ, and that it is shipped via DHL. I was also told that if the package (not just mine, but include other cases) weighs more than 2 kilos, it will go through customs in China which means 1 month delay.

Can anyone tell me how I can find out what that tracking number is?

Will NVC tell me the shipping and tracking number in their completion notification letter?

I know it's just an exercise to pass idle time away, but I like to know and anticipate when GZ will receive my packet and when they start processing it.

Thanks,

Fred

My case was completed at NVC yesterday.  I understand that I can track the shipment of my petition package from NVC to GZ, and that it is shipped via DHL.  I was also told that if the package (not just mine, but include other cases) weighs more than 2 kilos, it will go through customs in China which means 1 month delay.

Can anyone tell me how I can find out what that tracking number is? 

Will NVC tell me the shipping and tracking number in their completion notification letter?

I know it's just an exercise to pass idle time away, but I like to know and anticipate when GZ will receive my packet and when they start processing it. 

Thanks,

Fred

what's your timeline so far? Which center processed.. would be good to see this.

I'll answer with no answer, or a different answer since someone probably knows how to 'track' it.

I'd recommend you find something else to do to pass the time and enjoy summer... and don't get caught up in the 'day-to-day' checking.

Wait four weeks or more and then call DOS to see if it was received and date entered if it was.

NVC will give you every tracking number for the day your case was apporved. They can't tell you which is yours. Keep them in a file and track them in DHL's online tracking. One will probablly be a diplomatic pouch and will clear Custom's almost immeditely. The others will propablly languish a while. A side note: I really don't believe it is a Customs's issue. USPS Exrpess Mail will get anywhere in less than a week. I think the consulate just lets it sith there.

Guest Gene

Call the NVC back and get the date your file was shipped

1-800-225-5345 (DHL)go through the prompts until you get a human.

Explain to them what you are doing and why, if the Cutomer service rep is not helpfull hang up and call back and get someone else

Tell them it is from the National Visa Center Zip 03801 going to the US Consulate in Guangzhou China Postal Code 510133

There are usually anywhere from three to five packages sent on the day NVC says they sent your file. Ask them for all the tracking numbers.

Then go to there web site and put in the tracking numbers to see where the packages are at. I was told the I-129 files usually originate in Erlanger Kentucky. But you can really only guess which one contains your file

Good Luck

Thanks for the suggestions, everybody! I appreciate the info and will follow up on them.

I am getting it for my wife. She is getting very anxious because the documents are now in China. I have no idea what she reads in 001 website, but she wants to know the tracking number, so I have to get it.

I will not worry about it anymore, except when she tells me the interview date. Then I have to scramble for airline tickets, etc. Although she can take care of herself, I want to be there to celebrate the occasion. That is very important to me. Therefore, I will go to the interview with her. My subconscious excuse is to go sightseeing in Guangzhou area. I heard the gardens and temples are fantastic there. Neither of us has been in GZ before.

Fred

Just follow Gene' directions for DHL. BTW - the call NVC at Tues am works great ! Called at 7:30 EST, the 1, 5. One minute later talking with a nice lady - told me a file shipped out 5/9. All done before 7:35 :wub:

DHL was easy, only one package on 5/9 from NVC to AMCON

Erlanger. KY is really the Cincinnati airport

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tracking history

Date and Time Status Location

5/12/2005 10:59 am Arrived at DHL facility. Guangzhou, China

3:58 am In transit. Kowloon, Hong Kong

5/11/2005 8:39 pm Arrived at DHL facility. Kowloon, Hong Kong

5/10/2005 4:54 am In transit. Cincinnati Hub, OH

5/9/2005 6:02 pm Departing origin. Portsmouth, NH

4:32 pm Picked Up by DHL. Shipper's Door

Ship From: Ship To: Shipment Information:

NATIONAL VISA CENTER Ship date: 5/9/2005

Portsmouth, NH 038012901 Pieces:

United States Total weight: 6 lbs

Ship Type: Document

Attention: Attention: Shipment Reference: I-730

NATIONAL VISA CENTER Service: International Express

Description: US DIPLOMATIC PAPERS

Tracking detail provided by DHL: 5/17/2005, 7:05:02 pm pt.