Eric,

This is total FUBAR or they just don’t know what is going on like the rest of us. Below is an e-mail you received from GZ:

“THEIR ANSWER:

Thank you for your email, Yes, we have resubmitted other names.

Clearance agencies in Washington have asked us to resend some names. We have already responded to their request. We cannot resend your request until clearance agnecies request us to do so.

sincerely yours

immigrant visa unit”

I received an e-mail on 1-10-2003 from GZ below:

"We are sending all the namechecks again, whether people ask us to or not. I think we will finish today. Your fiancée was one of seventeen we hadn't sent as of this morning."

What the heck is going on?!! Why do they need to send them again? I have said this once before a computer just does not loose the name.

Well sorry to add to the confusion, just trying to figure out what they are doing??? I think it just made me more confused.

:P :lol: :blink: :D :( :blink: :D

Yes, I am very confused too. It seems like they spent more time submitting and re-submitting names than doing other stuffs. Once the name is in the computer, why keep doing and doing again. Do they have memory leak in their computer in which names are deleted after a time-frame? They really don't know what they are doing. :D :D :lol:

Eric,

This is total FUBAR or they just don’t know what is going on like the rest of us. Below is an e-mail you received from GZ:

I received an e-mail on 1-10-2003 from GZ below:

"We are sending all the namechecks again, whether people ask us to or not. I think we will finish today. Your fiancée was one of seventeen we hadn't sent as of this morning."

Well folks, this is troublesome news no matter how you look at it. It could be, for all practical purposes, an outright lie. ;) :( They resubmit what they want, when they want.

But lets suppose for a moment they are telling the truth. Our last e-mail grom GZ stated that our case was resubmitted on Jan. 13. Now, if they had only 17 cases left to resubmit on January 10, ours must have been one of them. Do the math: four and a quarter resubmits a day or less. :o :o :o

No, I think smoke is being blown up our collective keesters about this resubmission business. After all, how long could it possibly take to enter a resubmit into the system? These folks are taking us for a ship of fools I think and further, in my humble opinion, they will say anything to get us off their backs.

I have serious doubts about whether our case was actually resubmitted on January 13. According to DoS it was not. But then, maybe they don't know either. Whenever I get one of these responses, I wonder if it is coming from Curly, Larry, or Moe? :D

Maybe even Shemp! :P B) :unsure:

Guest Snowbeast

Every day I spend considerable time pondering and worrying about all this. I have finally come up with a theory about the constant resubmissions.

I think the only thing that could explain it is this: The security check process is automated! They re using an automated system to handle this stuff. Why else would they be having to re-submit! I too am totally mystified about why they would need to re-submit something. Records don't just magically delete themselves! There is probably no human intervention at all in this "NAME CHECK" process.

The process is like a 128-bit shift register. Each bit represents a case. The most case you can have in the system is 128. Once a case is entered, it goes into the system. As new cases are entered, the older cases are shifted to the right. When a case is cleared, it is eliminated from the system. Once 128 cases are in the system, it is full. When the 129th case is entered, the oldest case will fall out the system. Then it has to be re-entered again. This process will continue indefinitely unless it is cleared and removed from the system.

What they need is a bigger shift register that can hold 100,000 bit. Sorry, technology is not there yet. :D

Every day I spend considerable time pondering and worrying about all this.  I have finally come up with a theory about the constant resubmissions.

I think the only thing that could explain it is this:  The security check process is automated!  They re using an automated system to handle this stuff.  Why else would they be having to re-submit!  I too am totally mystified about why they would need to re-submit something.  Records don't just magically delete themselves!  There is probably no human intervention at all in this "NAME CHECK" process.

I don't believe it is at all. They are specific cable formats and all to request namechecks ( FAM revisited again ).

Then again, if it were, why would an idiotic computer request a namechecks three times or none?

We'll never know my friends