How long does CIS take to cash checks

I overnight express mailed our I-485, et al just over two weeks ago. I verified the next day that it had arrived in Chicago, but now, over two weeks later, they still have not cashed the check which accompanied the documents. That's worrying to me. Does anyone remember how long it took for their checks to be cashed? At what point do I resubmit or follow up?

BeijingJJ

OK thanks, that sets my mind at ease a bit.

One of my colleagues was theorizing that the reason everyone (just about) has to send their applications to Chicago is because they probably have a company who collects the money for them and sends the applications on to the appropriate regional centers. If that's true then the first step would be the check cashing. However, it's only been 2.5 weeks so far so I won't have a cow just yet.

BJJJ

I overnight express mailed our I-485, et al just over two weeks ago.  I verified the next day that it had arrived in Chicago, but now, over two weeks later, they still have not cashed the check which accompanied the documents.  That's worrying to me.  Does anyone remember how long it took for their checks to be cashed?  At what point do I resubmit or follow up?

BeijingJJ

yeah. it is funny. two of our three checks were accepted on april 15th, but the third, which arrived one day later, still has not been cashed. my guess is that they do them all, one day a month, and likley today or tomorrow is that day. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally got my receipt for the I-485, exactly one month after sending it in. But now I have a new cause for concern. The notice, dated May 24, says that the next step is to get fingerprints done. HOWEVER, the online status says nothing about May 24 but instead says that on May 27 a request was sent for additional evidence or information.

Now,have they just screwed up the dates on the web site and the request for additional evidence or information is the notice saying we need to do fingerprints, or is there an additional letter on the way...

Oh well, time will tell, but just curious how other peoples' online statuses read.

BeijingJJ