Fiance visa VS immigrant Visa ( Cr1 vs K3)

We may never know why the US government, cannot get its act together and process things fairly for us and our loved ones from the worlds most populous country, as compared to most of the other coutries around the world. My guess, is it is just money related.  They just can't hire enough competent people to process visas in China, cannot spread the work to the other consulates in China, so a handful of people are left trying to do the work that probably really should require 2 or 3 times the number of people to process them in the same time as the other countries.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/statistic...ok/YrBk03Im.htm

Money is definitely an issue. There are just too many cases to process in China.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is really too bad they do not give us a choice. I know I for one would be glad to pay a little more if it would mean they could hire more people to process the visa request.

The cost of the visa processing should cover the cost of having the visa processed in a timely manner. And I would think in China, the cost to hire people to work on it would be less than in countries such as England or Canada.

But still, if Guagnzhou processes 10,000 visa requests and Canada processes less (say 1,000, i am not sure of the exact numbers) then I would think China would be recieving 9,000 extra visa application fees each time. So they should should still be ahead in revenew and be able to hire more people to process the applications more efficiently.

Its also not the case that if they process them slower, then they have less work to do. If there are 10,000 people waiting for a visa, they still have to process 10,000 visa requests, and it seems this problem is not a new one that has suddenly happened in Guangzhou.

Hopefully the move of the IV unit will help open up some new space to hire more people.

We can always hope!

WuLongTea

I am sure if our wait in for a K1 or K3 visa in China were only 20 days, that we wouldn't need to compare or vote for which one is more fair.

sadly, we're in a society that will probably always compare and complain.. the 'victim' syndrome is an unfortunate part of expression.

I'll have lu cha...

We may never know why the US government, cannot get its act together and process things fairly for us and our loved ones from the worlds most populous country, as compared to most of the other coutries around the world. My guess, is it is just money related.  They just can't hire enough competent people to process visas in China, cannot spread the work to the other consulates in China, so a handful of people are left trying to do the work that probably really should require 2 or 3 times the number of people to process them in the same time as the other countries.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/statistic...ok/YrBk03Im.htm

Money is definitely an issue. There are just too many cases to process in China.

I agree resources are the issue , whether staffing or money....

But the name check is a time drain.. and needs to happen concurrent as someone suggested. So it's also process flow. This is a 'serial' port we passed through instead of a parallel port. Some countries are using the USB port !!

I am sure if our wait in for a K1 or K3 visa in China were only 20 days, that we wouldn't need to compare or vote for which one is more fair.

sadly, we're in a society that will probably always compare and complain.. the 'victim' syndrome is an unfortunate part of expression.

I'll have lu cha...

Ah David the glass may be half empty or half full. The victim or the victor both are needed for competition.

I'll have lu cha...

Ah David the glass may be half empty or half full. The victim or the victor both are needed for competition.

good point.. we tend to turn some things into a competition (maybe subsciously) or 'entitlement' issue that is simply missing the mark...

The main point is that it should not take this long at all. Many of the K1 people would gladly get married if they could.... but then they would have to wait longer.

Simply said, they should get rid of the fiance visa and just make the marriage visa process faster.

In addition, if you want to talk about fairness, there is no reason why GUZ should give priority to student and tourist visas... which are requested by Chinese citizens, as opposed to serving American citizens (like us) who want to be reunited with our families.

The main point is that it should not take this long at all.  Many of the K1 people would gladly get married if they could.... but then they would have to wait longer.

Simply said, they should get rid of the fiance visa and just make the marriage visa process faster. 

In addition, if you want to talk about fairness, there is no reason why GUZ should give priority to student and tourist visas... which are requested by Chinese citizens, as opposed to serving American citizens (like us) who want to be reunited with our families.

I tend to disagree.. fiance visa is intended to offer both sides three months chance to see if it is what they want. There's enough divorce without legislating a k3 only.

The problem is trying to demand 'fairness' and equity between visas. As long as we are unable to accept something, we're going to have worry, stress, and complaining.