K3+CR1 faster than CR1?

For people dealing with China, if you're married, I still would advise sending in the application for K3 ... because even though CR-1s are getting approved much faster than K3s at the USCIS service centers, the CR-1 takes much longer at the NVC stage.  So the time savings is not as great as you would think.  And then if you should have any problem or tie-up in the CR-1 case, such as an RFE, then the K3 case could surpass it.  The K3 is like an insurance policy.

and true to the insurance racket.. you'll pay for it.

I have heard some say to skip the K3 and save the money... but I tend agree that it seems a good backup plan, or in case it gets to GUZ faster it gets you in the queue.

Hey ya all,

I am only familiar with DCF and the process has taken roughly 7-8 months to get to the interview. I am already married and we filed the I-130. See, we weren't any different once we sent the P3 back, before that, you save a lot of time by avoiding the American centers. Plus, she is CR1, but she will still have to apply for adjustment of status. If one is truly determined, get married in China, live there for two years and then come America.

Dan

I see no discernable difference, K1/K3/CR1/IR1 once your data and file is at/in Guangzhou computers. Everyone is treated equally........

See my CR1 report on the Interview list thread for the 3rd week of May.

The #'s don't lie. Thanks.

As for the DCF, I think you need to live there for about 6 months to a year before you can file that way.

Guest blsqueaky

Here is a question, since my wife is K-3, here, and now we are pursuing the IR-1 since we will have been married 2 years this weekend, I wonder if they will still do another name check, or just say, wait, we have already don it, not needed, and will GZ maybe say the same thing. I just wonder, remember now, I am the

Guniea Pig here, first to try this

I see no discernable difference, K1/K3/CR1/IR1 once your data and file is at/in Guangzhou computers. Everyone is treated equally........

See my CR1 report on the Interview list thread for the 3rd week of May.

I agree, ours took a little over eight months to complete.

both got at GZ a few weeks apart.