Change of Address in China

OK Great, Now that our paperwork is in GZ, Lao Po is moving. (Not much choice really.) I was just looking nat the GZ website, NVC and USCIS websites. I could find instructions for if she were already here, but not if she is still there. Don't want to screw this one up because the P4 is coming. (sometime this year hopefully.)

I would like to take care of this asap. e-mails , letters, ar-11???

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/ar-11.htm

Hi Mengxin,

I had a hell of a time getting my fiance's (our) address changed. But we were working against the clock. If it's not pressing, don't sweat it. Just send GZ a fax with her new address. E-mail would of course be easiest, but by some inanity their computer system cannot handle Chinese script.

In my case, I faxed and then a few days later e-mailed to confirm that they got it. They hadn't got it yet (I think they pile up just like regular mail). We were expecting P-3 to be sent any day, so I requested, by e-mail, that they call my fiance so she could tell them the address. They called her mobile phone the following day and P-3 was sent an hour later.

WE have not received your wife's case from the NVC. If your wife's contact

address has been changed, please ask her to fax us her current mailing

address written in Chinese, zip code and contact phoen number are also

required. We will update the add after we receive her file.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General, Guangzhou

The response I got after my e-mail about the address change. I even got a letter via snail mail from NH saying they sent it to GZ weeks ago.

next question is ... How long does it take the letter to make it in the door from the dumpster outside ???

How many weeks will I get punished for being part of the MH letter or asking GZ to hurry up?

:P Maybe my jinx read my message wrong. I said Lao Po was moving, NOT my paperwork... :blink: :unsure: B)

I can't get out of my own way. Maybe xulie601 would be interested in trade.

I have some incence and a set of those ban waa balls with the ying yang symbols on them for an extra one of those interview dates.

PS. No kidding... yesterday,

I'm in line at the grocery store in Shanghai, I walk up to the register and the stupid machine breaks down. :ph34r: :unsure: :) :D :o

I was forced to switch lines. It wasn't my choice this time. AAAAUUUGGHHH!!!! :ph34r: :rolleyes: :lol: ;) :( :) B)