P3 Forms Returned In April

I thought I would start a new thread for tracking P3 forms that were returned to the consulate in April. Please post here if you returned your P3 forms in April, and if you have been able to determine if the consulate has recieved them and entered them into their systems.

From several people already it seems they are at least 3-4 weeks behind in acknowledging that they have received any P3 forms.

The latest email response I received from the consulate today was:

================

Dear Petitioner

Thank you for your email, we have not received the packet 3 forms from

Ms. (). We are processing all correspondence in a fair and timely manner

and according to the order received. If Ms. () would like to fax the forms

to us, she can send to 86 20 8121 8341. We will further processing her

application once we receive her forms.

==================

So at this point I can only assume that they cannot find the forms and they suggest that we fax them a copy, and from there, they can continue to process our application.

My theory, (and I have yet to see evidence to the contrary) is that with the move in June/July, they may be just placing all incoming papers into a box and waiting until the move in June to sort through them.

Hopefully I am wrong, since that would mean we will be in limbo for a month or 2. So please post here if you have sent your P3 forms back in April and if you have a confirmation from the consulate that they have been received and they are entered in their system, please also post the date that happened.

You can call DOS to get the confirmation or you can email the consulate and ask them.

Thanks,

WuLongTea

Thanks for the positive reply back, that someone has been processed (even if it is not us)

So I think ours is lost. I will call DOS tomorrow morning and see if anything has been entered. If not, then I will fax and Fedex a copy to the consulate. and write on the package to please deliver to the consulate and not the White Swan Hotel!

Thanks,

WuLongTea

Statistically speaking, the averages over the last six months for P3 computer entries has been two weeks to one month from it being sent in the mail. Remember, last week there were no known interviews or P4's. Only two work days. They must take some time to get ready for their move, so I would attribute those pieces of information to this. You sent it 04/21/05, and you have great tracking info, but I would not be surprised if you found it entered today, or next week based on previous time lines....not the best news, but no cause for worry yet.

We will update both of your data into the list later today.

My case was sent on 4/12 to GZ, I have called the DOS and they have had it in the computer since 4/14. When I contact GZ by their email form they say they do not have the file yet. How did you get the specific DHL# for your shipment. When I called DHL they gave me many for that days shipments. I asked the DOS why the have it in their computer and not GZ, I was told the electronic file was sent, but GZ has not received the hard paperwork. Seem strange to me, they even have finished the name check, but have not received the hard copy of the paperwork. I hope mine isn't lost either.

Matt

This is probably a coincidence, but our P3 did get entered right after as assistant to Congressman Larsen had been in contact with Guangzhou because of that letter I sent. Do you think someone could have actually went and found our P3 because of this? I don't think so, but ours did get entered just under 2 weeks. Who knows how they organize the mail in GZ as well, I would think that the first to arrive would be the first to get entered.

About your question about the DHL tracking #. For our CR-1 I got 3 numbers of packages sent that day. When I went on line and entered all the numbers I was able to get a little more detail for each shipment, one was "correspondence" 2 items another I-7xx or something 1 item, the other said "Cylce 17" and contained 23 items. We just figured that this is probably the shipment with our case. It has been in clearance delay since 4/30.

My original post was asking about the P3 forms, after they have been sent from the consulate to the beneficiary.

After they have completed the forms they send them back to the consulate.

We sent ours via EMS from Shenzhen to Guangzhou. From the EMS website we could track that it was delivered, but to the White Swan hotel. Since then there has been no record or knowledge of our papers ever arriving at the consulate, or being entered into their systems.

I will call DOS tomorrow and see if there is any change. My fiancee will also fax them a copy tomorrow, so at least we can know that a faxed copy has been sent to them.

I am also planning on sending via Federal Express a copy, and putting on the envelope to deliver to the consulate and not the White Swan hotel. I'll be able to track it that way and also find out who signs for it.

If I still do not hear a positive result by June, I will be going there to visit my fiancee for a month, so I'll plan on stopping by the consulate and try to deliver them myself.

This is probably a coincidence, but our P3 did get entered right after as assistant to Congressman Larsen had been in contact with Guangzhou because of that letter I sent.  Do you think someone could have actually went and found our P3 because of this?  I don't think so, but ours did get entered just under 2 weeks.  Who knows how they organize the mail in GZ as well, I would think that the first to arrive would be the first to get entered.

This is a good point.

I'll contact my senator's office and see if they can't give the consulate a call or something.