Every candle must burn out eventually ...

PJ

Hello everyone,

It is with a heavy heart that I inform all of you that Candle's last day will Tuesday, May 31st, 2005 (2005-05-31). I have contacted the hosting company and asked them not to renew the site.

I have waited until we used up all the donations generously provided by a few members over the years, since I felt an obligation to keep the site burning through this time, as they had donated to keep the candle burning. I am sincerely grateful to those members for their generosity.

Even more valuable than money is time, heart, and passion. I wish to thank Don for the generous donation of countless hours of time and effort to the site. Don has truly been a light for many of us going through the dark tunnel of the visa process, including myself, and I think we all owe him a tremendous thanks and a debt that we can never repay.

Also, I would like to thank Tony for being a strong and consistent source of knowledge and bringing great information to the site.

Finally, there are so many people that have been a part of the Candle community that have reached out to me and to others and been such a positive part of my life. I wish to thank all of you.

This decision was not an easy one to reach. I reached this decision this evening after a lot of thinking, reflecting, and speaking with family and friends. I have reached a point in my life where I do not have the resources, bandwidth, and energy to give Candle the time it requires and deserves.

I wanted to give everyone as much advanced warning as possible, so that you can exchange contact information, retrieve and copy any essential information from posts, and wrap up any discussions.

Also, if anyone wishes to create their own visa site or Chinese/American site to fill the void, please feel free to post about it on Candle while Candle is still running. You all know that I have never censored or dissuaded anyone from starting their own site ... just be forewarned that it is a lot of work. :)

Well, it has truly been an experience. From Candle's start back in November 2002 until today, almost 3 years later, I've met so many wonderful people. Best wishes to all, and if you wish to stay in touch, please feel free to write me at: pj_and_candy@hotmail.com

P.J.