Virus spread out from GZ!?

enight.. DO NOT EVER open those funny SCR EXE PIF files ok

If the message is BLANK, just delete the email

I will notify GZ that their email system is infected, or that infected email are  sent in their behalf without them knowing it

thank you very much Eric, I will be watch out... I have got many this kind of virus mails, especially in last year, even 2 times a day! lol

but as I have Norton antiv virus, (also Norton Internet security) installed, I am able to protect myself so far... if something out of my handle, I would use a simple way... go format the whole harddisk! :lol: lol

I wish I could get one virus mail from GZ, so I can make sure it's turely sent through GZ counsulate not one of those spam makers 'tricks'?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The unfortunate fact is that almost no computers in China are anti-virus protected or are not using good quality anti-virus protection. The issue is the cost. The few that have some protection are usually using an unregistered and hence not up to date product. The result is that computer viruses are rampant over here. I pay the price for one of the major brand name products and the on-line updates. The result is that I have had numerous viruses intercepted by that software. As soon as you start corresponding with anyone who is based in China, your risk of getting a virus sent to you goes way up.

The unfortunate fact is that almost no computers in China are anti-virus protected or are not using good quality anti-virus protection.  The issue is the cost.  The few that have some protection are usually using an unregistered and hence not up to date product.  The result is that computer viruses are rampant over here.  I pay the price for one of the major brand name products and the on-line updates.  The result is that I have had numerous viruses intercepted by that software.  As soon as you start corresponding with anyone who is based in China, your risk of getting a virus sent to you goes way up.

I know... I caught the "Love.scr" virus when I met Yuhui in Shanghai Nov 99 :lol:

I meant not a computer virus kids.. A love virus :-)

I got this virus from Sara(from 001). She sent me an e-mail and virus scan software found virus. I didn't save the attachment. But I never open her other e-mails again. She send me three more e-mail after that and I deleted without opening.

enight, you need to watch out.

thanks maomao... yes, the virus emails are exist...

I always set my anti virus to scan the incoming mails.. and the norton sometimes would automaticly delete them if can not repair them.

hey maomao... I have set a FTP and WEB server on my PC yesterday afternoon!

I got this virus from Sara(from 001). She sent me an e-mail and virus scan software found virus. I didn't save the attachment. But I never open her other e-mails again. She send me three more e-mail after that and I deleted without opening.

enight, you need to watch out.

thanks maomao... yes, the virus emails are exist...

I always set my anti virus to scan the incoming mails.. and the norton sometimes would automaticly delete them if can not repair them.

hey maomao... I have set a FTP and WEB server on my PC yesterday afternoon!

Great! You are so techy. :P Long time no see. I have seen you yesterday on the 001 for 1 second. :lol: :D When will your GG go to Shanghai?

and Owen is right on some points too... even set up a virus scan program, that doesn't mean the PC is totally protected,

sometimes will have to check it manually... some virus or hacker programs would change their names, such as into avi, text, or whatever... and if you try to open one file such as one avi ( a video clip), but the system told you can not open it...

you better to watch it out. if you can not delete it even after restarted PC, then probably in the trouble. (need to stop the explorer, then go to DOS to delet it. )

:angry: Long time no see. I have seen you yesterday on the 001 for 1 second. :lol:  :D When will your GG go to Shanghai?

hahaa.. have been busy in learning those new tricks on PC, very interseting. yes, I have been reading the posts on 001 from now and then, but haven't got much time to stay there.

my GG is coming this Mar 14, then we will both go back on the end of Mar :blink: thanks for asking :P

thanks for that information that you did not give me Enight.   :lol:

I was wondering about the effectiveness the other day at the computer market.

Owen, what effectiveness? you meant strike on pirate markets?