Some questions preparing for P4 Interview

I have a couple of questions while preparing for the P4 interview. If anyone can help out, that would be great. I need to get this form completed soon since I have to get it notorized soon.

(1) I-134 AFFADAVIT OF SUPPORT: This is for the latest rev. for (06.17.04, expires on 04.30.07).

a. Question 2 states: That I am __ years of age and have resided in the United States since (date):

- I don't know the exact date that I started to reside in the states (I am naturalized citizen). Will a Month/Year format be accepted, or do I need to put the exact day as well?

b. Question 11 states: That I "intend/do not intend" to make specific contributions to the support of the person(s) named in item 3.

(If you check "intend," indicate the exact nature and duration of the contributions. For example, if you intend to furnish

room and board, state for how long and, if money, state the amount in United States dollars and state whether it is to be

given in a lump sum, weekly or monthly, or for how long.)

- Can I just write "I intend to furnish room and board, and all living expenses for an infinite amount of time." (without stating any dollar amount)?

(2) MEDICAL FORMS

Does my fiancee have to fill out all the information on the four medical forms (conditions, vaccines, etc) or does she just have to fill out the personal informaiton (name,address,etc). I assume the doctor is supposed to fill out all the other information?

What forms are required for her to bring when her to the medical exam?

(3) FC-029

Do I need to submit this form with my bank statements, tax return copy, etc? I assume I do.

(4) FORM DS-158

Is this form required for my fiancee? I don't see it listed as a form required for the Interview, but it is available for download from the GZ website.

(5) FORM DS-156/156K/157/GNI-2

These forms are listed on the website to bring to the Interview, however, these forms were not included in her P4 packet. Did anyone who recently receive a P4 packet receive these forms? I will have her bring these forms just in case.

(6) APPLICATION FEE CITIC BANK

My fiancee has her interview on a Monday at 8AM. She plans to go there on a Sunday. All the banks listed on the website are in Guangzhou. Is there anyway for her to make the payment on a Sunday or before 8AM Monday? Or is there another place she can make the payment at? She is in Shanghai.

Hm... I might have more questions later =) Thanks for any help!

Hi,

We are working on our packet too.

5) FORM DS-156/156K/157/GNI-2 these were in our packet.

" - Can I just write "I intend to furnish room and board, and all living expenses for an infinite amount of time." (without stating any dollar amount)?"

I am putting "to assume all financial responsibility for the applicant upon entering the United States until marriage and legal ability to work, at which point this may change to become mutually financially supporting."

We didn't get an FC-029 the Affadavit of support is I-134 send as requested on it documentation to prove financial ability to meet 127% or better rule as sponsor.

Good luck we are in the home stretch.

Any wording you put in question 11 needs to show you intented to be responsible for your SO. This form is not as critical as I-864 when you file AOS. You will be agreeing to this with the US Government. It also states that if the immigrant accepts government money, the US Government can sue you for this amount for up to ten years after the immigrant accepts the money. They want to know your SO will not become a public charge on welfare.

I would put as much as you know about the date of your naturalization. Guessing shows you are willing to tell a white lie. They won't like that. I don't think they care as much about exact date as they want to know you have enough time here that you are eligible to sponser a fiancee and have established a good working record.

Take all forms including proof of payment, police record and birth certificate when you pick up your medical results. The doctor will arrange a packet for the embassy. It will include the reuslts, your forms, your information and proof of payment. Your SO will turn in this packet the morning of the interview. They look over all the information in the morning and have the interview in the afternoon.

My wife (fiancee at the time) received all of the proper forms not only in P4 packet, but the bank gave her extra copies. The P4 packet will have a list of banks that are accepting the interview fee. She must pay the fee before the medical exam. The proof of payment become part of the medical packet for the embassy. Where is she doing the medical? If it will be done in Guangzhou, you must allow extra time as it must be done and have results before the interview date.

Here is the P4 Packet list I have.. does this match to your list:

P4 PACKAGE:

1. Appointment letter in English

2. K-1 appointment (packet 4) letter

3. Appointment letter for immigrant visa applications (OF-171)

4. Important notice in Chinese (for photograph specifications)

5. Supplemental form GNI-2

6. Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry

7. Family composition sheet (GIV-24)

8. Medical examination instructions (GIV-8)

9. Medical examination for immigrant or refugee applicant (DS-2053)

10. Chest X-ray and classification worksheet (DS-3024)

11. Vaccination documentation worksheet (DS-3025)

12. Medical history and physical examination worksheet (DS-3026)

13. Nonimmigrant visa application (DS-156) and nonimmigrant visa application for applicants 16 years and older (DS-157) (two sets)

14. Nonimmigrant fiancée visa application (DS-156K)

Yup that covers what she told me, except number 6. We already submitted that information and wasn't requested again. I plan to send a reaffirmation of intent letter anyway.

#6 is a form that the beneficiary will sign at the consulate...

I got this from 9FAM:

[9FAM] The Form DS-156K, Nonimmigrant Fiancé Visa Application, and the certification of legal capacity and intent to marry, which is contained therein, are both to be sworn to and signed before the consular officer.

--

But yes, you should update yours as well.

I would put as much as you know about the date of your naturalization. Guessing shows you are willing to tell a white lie. They won't like that. I don't think they care as much about exact date as they want to know you have enough time here that you are eligible to sponser a fiancee and have established a good working record.

Take all forms including proof of payment, police record and birth certificate when you pick up your medical results. The doctor will arrange a packet for the embassy. It will include the reuslts, your forms, your information and proof of payment. Your SO will turn in this packet the morning of the interview. They look over all the information in the morning and have the interview in the afternoon.

My wife (fiancee at the time) received all of the proper forms not only in P4 packet, but the bank gave her extra copies. The P4 packet will have a list of banks that are accepting the interview fee. She must pay the fee before the medical exam. The proof of payment become part of the medical packet for the embassy. Where is she doing the medical? If it will be done in Guangzhou, you must allow extra time as it must be done and have results before the interview date.

It's not the date of Naturalization. It's the date that I entered the country as an immigrant. I've been here since 12/1978, but I don't know the exact day. I guess I will try to find out, but I don't have any paperwork to show the date, argh.

My finacee will do the medical exam in Shanghai. I don't know how she will pay the interview fee if the banks are only listed in GZ. Will have to ask GZ I guess.

Here is the P4 Packet list I have.. does this match to your list:

P4 PACKAGE:

1. Appointment letter in English

2. K-1 appointment (packet 4) letter

3. Appointment letter for immigrant visa applications (OF-171)

4. Important notice in Chinese (for photograph specifications)

5. Supplemental form GNI-2

6. Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry

7. Family composition sheet (GIV-24)

8. Medical examination instructions (GIV-8)

9. Medical examination for immigrant or refugee applicant (DS-2053)

10. Chest X-ray and classification worksheet (DS-3024)

11. Vaccination documentation worksheet (DS-3025)

12. Medical history and physical examination worksheet (DS-3026)

13. Nonimmigrant visa application (DS-156) and nonimmigrant visa application for applicants 16 years and older (DS-157) (two sets)

14. Nonimmigrant fiancée visa application (DS-156K)

That's the list from the GZ website I believe. Like I said, my fiancee says she is missing the GNI-2, DS-156,DS-156K, and DS-157 forms. I will just send those to her via PDF document to print out. I'm not sure if she has the "certification of legal capacity and intent to marry" form. I have it on PDF, and hope it's not outdated. Will send that to her as well.

It's not the date of Naturalization. It's the date that I entered the country as an immigrant. I've been here since 12/1978, but I don't know the exact day. I guess I will try to find out, but I don't have any paperwork to show the date, argh.

My finacee will do the medical exam in Shanghai. I don't know how she will pay the interview fee if the banks are only listed in GZ. Will have to ask GZ I guess.

If you can't find the date for sure, I would just use "on or about...." an approximate date.

Try http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/shanghai/visa/#visa for banks in Shanghai. This seems like a lot more than "usual" number of banks. I don't remember GZ having this many.

FWIW, they didn't include Yue's fee receipt in the sealed med package, and the VO wasn't the slightest bit interested in seeing it. We still have it for when the audit team shows up in or around 2025.

If you can't find the date for sure, I would just use "on or about...." an approximate date.

Try http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/shanghai/visa/#visa for banks in Shanghai.  This seems like a lot more than "usual" number of banks.  I don't remember GZ having this many.

FWIW, they didn't include Yue's fee receipt in the sealed med package, and the VO wasn't the slightest bit interested in seeing it.  We still have it for when the audit team shows up in or around 2025.

That is great information! I didn't know they had a list of CITIC banks in Shanghai. I hope they are accepting Fiancee visa payments and not just the other immigrant type visas. That will save some headache for us both.

I apologize for being a pest but I still question one of the questions raised and add one of my own:

1. What is required to take to the medical exam? I have prepared the I-134, tax returns, w2s, employers letter, bank letter, stocks/bonds, and other asset statements. Does she also need to bring relationship evidence to the medical exam or can that wait until interview?

2. On the bottom of the I-134 it has, "Subscribed and sworn to (affirmed) before me this ___ day of _____ at ___. My commision expires on ___. Signature of Officer Administering Oath ____ Title ____" Who is supposed to fill that in?

Thank You for the responses.

I apologize for being a pest but I still question one of the questions raised and add one of my own:

1.  What is required to take to the medical exam?  I have prepared the I-134, tax returns, w2s, employers letter, bank letter, stocks/bonds, and other asset statements.  Does she also need to bring relationship evidence to the medical exam or can that wait until interview?

2.  On the bottom of the I-134 it has, "Subscribed and sworn to (affirmed) before me this ___ day of _____ at ___.  My commision expires on ___.  Signature of Officer Administering Oath ____  Title ____"  Who is supposed to fill that in?

Thank You for the responses.

#1 she needs for the interview

#2 is the place for the notary if in U.S. or the consulate officer to sign if you are doing this in China.