What is a safe date to do all the med tests? How long will it take the hospital to have the results ready? Is it possible to have the tests done before the P4 arrives? One more: is it true that passed interviews get a pink slip instead of a white one?

Most people seem to have the exams done in GZ and go early by about 4-5 days... depending on what day the interview is.

The hospitals in GZ take three days for results (~800 yuan).. but expedited service can be done for about 100 yuan for next day pickup. They suggest allowing 4 hours for the exam.

Although now with the delay to pickup the visa (which now adds some days to the end of a GZ trip), I'm wondering if people won't save money by having the exam done more locally if they're near an approved location.

Call the hospital to confirm the day you want to go, results turnaround, expediting if desired, and any work day offs coming up you need to know about.

There are many items you'll have to bring to the exam, and I think the P4 will spell this out... so my feeling is its best to wait for the P4 (about 4-6 weeks prior to interview).

I understand the white slip has faded to a pink/purple...

Guest hakkamike

You or should I say your better half can get the results of the medical examination the same day of the next if enough money is put down on the table. Like they say Money talks and most of U know the rest of the saying is or do U?

Later, Michael Perez

I'd say you'll have plenty of time after the P4 arrives to prep for the Medical exam (in most cases.) I'd focus more now on finding a provider with a good reputation whom you're comfortable with. As I understand it, the purpose of the medical exam is to ensure the SO isn't bringing any communicable diseases to the US. The potential problem lies more in the possibility of an unscrupulous examiner trying to extort money out of an applicant.

Mari

I don't think he can do the exam before the P4 because the forms he needs to do it are in P4. Also at that time he will have to submit his other info such as divorce certificate, birth certificate, ect.

We did his exam 3 days before the interview. Paid 100 RMB to have the results the next day. It was no problem.

I also read on some postings here that the medical facility will also ask you for other forms, pictures, and docs before they seal the test results for you to bring to the interview. I would agree with our other members not to have the medical tests done until you have the P4 and paperwork finished and together.

I always would like to do things ahead of time as well if at all possible. The process can sometimes change with a blink of an eye with GUZ. They just had a small change with the color coding of their slips as well as the pickup of visas. Who knows if they'll come up with something else in a few day(s) or month(s). Just don't get caught with one step forward and two steps back.