Interview Question

Hi guys,

I'm a new member of candleforlove. My wife got a mail from US Consulate in GUZ which she has an interview on June 7th at 8:00 A.M. Do I have to fly to Guangzhou when she has interview in Guangzhou? Can someone help out here please?

Thank you for your help.

EW

Your not required to be present. You just have to make sure that she has ALL the necessary documents, some of which MUST come from you, and that they are well organized.

You should get your passport copied and certified as well, history has taught members here that its needed.

There may be some perceptions drawn by the VO or not, based on your being there... but its hard to make statistical arguments.

If you've visited more than once since the very first introductions, and she speaks english well enough and has plenty of relationship proof (along with all the right docs), it should go fine.

I'm not trying to make the argument that she must speak english.. just that it helps... and every little thing helps.

In the event of her being asked for something, depending on what it is, you could expedite it quicker if you were there (like to make a video)...

Good luck to you two.

Not only are you not required to be at the interview, you are not allowed to be there. Should you decide to go, you will not be allowed inside the consulate. Most do not attend and have little problem getting the visa. Should she be denied there will be an apportunity to present additional evidence. Make sure she has all the evidence asked for in the P4 that gave her interview date and all should go fine.

Right.. it's a US embassy but your not allowed in as part of the interview !

I didn't mention the hours of nail biting that you'd endure waiting outside for her.. among all the thieves, scalpers, and other low lifes!

Actually, the location is moving soon and the common hangout (for those who go) is going to need to be a new spot...

Guest aosnow

in all honesty we should add that in most, of not all, cases of visa denial or delay, the petitioner was not in GZ. This is my understanding, please correct me if I misapprehend the situation.

in all honesty we should add that in most, of not all, cases of visa denial or delay, the petitioner was not in GZ. This is my understanding, please correct me if I misapprehend the situation.

Maybe you have seen that I'm putting together a FAQ interview doc... and have literally looked at 50+ interviews over the last year...

It's very hard to make a determination on this point. In the recent poll I did about "Going to Guangzhou", not a single 'blue slip' voted, although there are two options to show you got a blue slip.. SO I cannot really use this as evidence to state anything since the interviews I have reviewed tell a different (almost 50%) story.

I ultimately think that this is 'one' issue that the VO stores in their head as they go through the interview.. if a red flag or two go up, and no petitioner even came, then I think it might tip them to give the blue/yellow thingy, particularly if any perception of a fraud profile arose.

And the fact that VOs rotate makes any trends very difficult to evaluate. It could be that one or two VOs are very difficult.. but they eventually are replaced...

--

I think that I might agree with: IF A PERSON GOT A DENIAL, then the petitioner is usually not in GZ. I saw a few instances of them being in GZ, but does seem they are usually not.

I'll post this here as it falls under the "interview question" topic.

What constitutes a "certified copy" of the petitiioner's (USC) passport? Is that preferrable to giving my SO my passport for the interview (I'll be at the interview with her)?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Gene

A certified copy would be a copy that is notorized to be a true copy. The best thing is the real one though and if your going to be there then give her your passport to take in with her.

Can anyone here provide me the "wording" this "certified" or "notarized" copy of passport should have? Do you guys really think is absolutely necessary to do this if I'm not going to be in GZ at the time of the interview? GZ does not list it as a required document in their website.....