Finally, we have received the P4 interview packet. My honey's interview is set for June 6, 2005. This actually caught me by surprised since I did not expect an interview date until July, based on the available information. It's a good surprise, but this also means, I have to get off my lazy butt and prepare the rest of the information I need to send to her.

There is one thing that confused us both. She read that the there is a Visa surcharge of RMB 3,154. I think it states that it is for those who has not paid any money, but I cannot be sure. I had her check the P3 packet she received back in Jaunary, and it stated 830 for the processing fee. I guess I'm a bit confused on that. Anyone with experience of what this "surcharge" is and if I should be worried about it?

Does anyone have a copy or image of a recent P4 that is mailed out? She doesn't have access to a scanner, so I cannot see what the papers are saying, and it's difficult to read the whole thing to me.

This whole new 'wait for 3 days' for your Visa really bothers us though. She was not expecting to miss so many days of work. A real disappointment for our us. If I cannot make it to GZ, she will be there alone. <_<

So far, I think I will need to send her the following, if anyone else has input on what I need to send, please let me know:

. Notorized copy of my passport

. Copy of tax returns for last 3 years (notorized?)

. AOS

. Letter of intent to marry (I think I need another one right)

. Send her the original items of proof that I have previously prepared and sent in with the original application.

. Send her a photo album so she can bring into the consulate.

Guest Gene

:D Congratulations :D

830 yuan is the right fee

I-134 needs to be notorized not the tax forms

Letter from your employer

Here is a start I am sure you will get more suggestions :D

. Notorized copy of my passport

. Copy of tax returns for last 3 years (notorized?)

. AOS

. Letter of intent to marry (I think I need another one right)

. Send her the original items of proof that I have previously prepared and sent in with the original application.

. Send her a photo album so she can bring into the consulate.

Financial docs needed:

- I-134 (certified)

- Bank letter

-Employer letter

-3 years tax returns if self-employed; One year all others, (some bring 3 years to be safe)

- New "intent to marry" is best.

All these documents above are best if less than 60 days old from interview.

The beneficiary is separated by the VO by a glass and small opening to pass documents.. so a big binder will not pass through.. many are dividing the documents into separate folders and marked or color coded so the SO can pull out the right one.

She has phone logs and correspondence or abiliity to print out ??

http://home.comcast.net/~donahso/P4index.htm

This is where I got the forms from the links and resources that I am using to help my SO complete them.

http://home.comcast.net/~donahso/P4index.htm

DanR,

In a past thread where I pass this link along, someone commented that the files were out of date and newer ones were available... Did you see that??

edit to say.... Maybe more a Don issue..

Wow, you guys are great!! The information provided so far is very helpful. I will check out the P4 link a little bit later when I'm not as busy, hehe...

DavidZ, I have all the phone logs (onesuite). She doesn't have any logs herself. I will be sending that to her. Good idea on the separate folders. I was going to shove them all in a binder.

Does it matter if the proof (ticket stubs, receipts, etc) are originals, or can I just send her the copies? I'm guessing originals are better proof.

Well, most of my proof is all organized and placed in sheets on a binder already. This was prepared for the initial filing of the application. I will just reorganize into smaller folders then, if that will help with the organizing.

Thanks for all the tips! Now, I have to work on my AOS form. :blink:

Should they look at proof of relationship, they will likley be looking for things dated after you sent in the application. Emails, phone logs, snail mail, additional visits, proof of ability to communicate (common language and/or pocket translator or other means to communicate) etc.

Wouldn't e-mail and phone logs be enough proof to communicate? If I don't go GZ, we won't be able to provide a video. I'm not sure what else proof they want. I am decent in Mandarin, and she is decent in English. What type of proof can we provide additionally which will help with the case, short of providing the video? I know, I should have done the video the last time I was there, argh!

Guest Gene

If you feel the need for a video do one of yourself speaking mandrin. Although that would be someting that you would want her to have if they asked for it, not nesessarily for initial evidence.

Wouldn't e-mail and phone logs be enough proof to communicate? If I don't go GZ, we won't be able to provide a video. I'm not sure what else proof they want. I am decent in Mandarin, and she is decent in English. What type of proof can we provide additionally which will help with the case, short of providing the video? I know, I should have done the video the last time I was there, argh!

If you aren't there it will do no good to say you speak in Chinese. In fact it may cause them to ask for proof. If her english is good enough to do the interview speaking English there won't be any problem-they will assume that you speak English. My SO spoke almost no English and I spoke almost no chinese. We brought proof of having a pocket tranlator etc... She did the interview in Chinese and was never asked for any proof.