That brings up a good point. There is a lot of variance between the details people include in the timelines. Maybe Nooneufo or one of the moderators could post a recommended time line format with "key dates". Not manditory, but only suggested. This topic has come up a couple times before. I recently hacked and whaked mine down. There is a long story to be told in between each of those dates in everyones timelines. I wish I were with my wife in China right now. B)

That brings up a good point. There is a lot of variance between the details people include in the timelines. Maybe Nooneufo or one of the moderators could post a recommended time line format with "key dates". Not manditory, but only suggested. This topic has come up a couple times before. I recently hacked and whaked mine down. There is a long story to be told in between each of those dates in everyones timelines. I wish I were with my wife in China right now. B)

I agree.. a few basics consistent by all would be good. I recently did a poll to find out which service center people went through, since many do not put that as part of where they submitted their K1/K3 !

I think:

Submission date (to which center)

NOA2

P3

P4

Interview

should be the minimum anyone puts.. RFE would be good to note.

There are many new as well as LONG time members who do not have their time line. For those LONG timers - it is real beneficial to us who are still waiting to have your timeline here. We can compare ours to yours and get some idea as to our wait. Thanks.

There is a pretty good timeline website out there...

http://k1k3.com/

It has advanced filtering capabilities so you can look at just those processing through GZ or just those going through a certain service center. The results can then be sorted by any column. The most lacking part of the site is that many timelines are entered, but then not kept up until the end. Still it provides a good current and historical record to compare to your own timeline.

As far as using the signature here, I tend to agree with DavidZixuan about the milestones to include. The simple ones are the easiest to follow. Some older members have taken their visa timelines off. Things change quickly and the info, while nice to know, becomes less and less relevent.

There is a pretty good timeline website out there...

http://k1k3.com/

It has advanced filtering capabilities so you can look at just those processing through GZ or just those going through a certain service center. The results can then be sorted by any column. The most lacking part of the site is that many timelines are entered, but then not kept up until the end. Still it provides a good current and historical record to compare to your own timeline.

As far as using the signature here, I tend to agree with DavidZixuan about the milestones to include. The simple ones are the easiest to follow. Some older members have taken their visa timelines off. Things change quickly and the info, while nice to know, becomes less and less relevent.

This site is where is why I got the idea to collect some of the basic timelines for... One can use Excel to sort and filter as they want...

I think you need to click first on "show filter".. so that way you can narrow your view to just those from China..

Since there is not second level filter to apply, you can click on a heading title and sort them... so if you click on visa type or service center, you can view the similar ones together.

I wish we had this on CFL...

Some of us are not even showing which service center, so it makes the entire timeline difficult to know if the length of time is "normal" for that center or not...

I think the old buggers should at least post the few items I mentioned... I can poke around peoples signatures and collect the info, but not if it isn't there... <_<

I think  you need to click first on "show filter".. so that way you can narrow your view to just those from China..

Since there is not second level filter to apply, you can click on a heading title and sort them...

I wish we had this on CFL...

You can filter on as many fields as you like. For instance I searched for all K1 applications, filing at VSC, processing at Guangzhou consulate and sorted by P3 Return Date.

=-17&sfn[1]=17&sfn[2]=2]http://www.k1k3.com/list.php?fm=0&fl=1&qfn...[1]=17&sfn[2]=2

I don't think it would be unreasonable to at least request this for CFL. You'd have to contact Jerry (k1k3) and PJ (CFL founder)and get them both to agree. Jerry is also a member here, and if he was willing to share his php code, it would be technically feasable to host a version of it on CFL.