They Were Talking English

I was surprised, and deeply gratified to ovehear my wife and stepdaughter having a conversation yesterday and they were both talking English over a period of several minutes. Ping was telling our daughter a story, with Jing commenting throughout, about a mistake she had made when she was thinking too much about something else. The incident happened in English, and when Ping told the story to Jing it was in English. When she got through with the story I asked her if she knew she was talking English the whole time and she said she did not realize it. Isn't that great!!!

I often speak in English and nobody knows it.

It's probably the dialect, Trigg - that weird cross between that Tennessee backwoods slang attaching itself to that Chicago midwest twang. <_<

Yup, ya mix Dese Dems and doses with ya'lls and yuans's and you get my brand of English. Chicabilly.

Could that be because you are in Tennessee?

As soon as they become a part of the US, the language thing should clear right up..

What??!?!?!? Who told you we were gonna be part of that??? Ain't a gonna happen!!

As soon as they become a part of the US, the language thing should clear right up..

David don't you know that having a different language is the right of a semi autonomus zone like Indian reservations and Tennessee.

David don't you know that having a different language is the right of a semi autonomus zone like Indian reservations and Tennessee.

Yea, what he said-the semi-automatic thingy.