SO Birth Certificate for initial K1 filing?

Hi, I have my K-1 package all complete & ready to mail. Do I need my SO's Birth certificate or can it wait? I would like to get my K1 process started.

This is what is included in my package:

- Payment in the amount of $165.00

- I-129F form (Petitioner)

- I-129F Supplement: Page 2, Question 16, Native alphabet address

- I-129F Supplement: Page 2, Question 18, explanation of meeting in person

- G-325A form and passport style photo (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

- G-325A Supplement: Employment last 5 years (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

- Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

- Copy of Passports (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

- Birth certificate (Petitioner)

- Copy of Social Security Card (Petitioner)

- FC-029 Certification that documents are copies of originals

- Proof of having met in person in the past two years – visa copied, travel receipts

- Proof of ongoing relationship – Photos, text chat, receipt for international phone card

Please let me know if this will work?

I agree with the "SEND IT IN NOW" advice... it's not on the list of items required.

I'm guessing if someone got an RFE, the Center saw something contradictory somewhere in the packet which made them ask for proof of her birthdate...

You have more than the required stuff... I know the good advice is 'more is better'... but it would be good to know from others that if they sent 'too much' (meaning items not required), it would be a hugh shame if this causes an RFE, since it raised a question reviewing the packet.

--- example ---

Let's say you put her birthdate on a form.. and then you submit her passport copies (which have a different birthdate)..

BUT , at this stage, the beneficiary's passport copies are not required.. but if there is a discrepancy between the birthdates, then they might want a Birth certificate to resolve it.

FYI: I assume the birth certificate needs to be translated, as is required later in the process when it is really needed...

I'm a minimalist when it comes to forms. Send what is required and nothing more. It could be that mounds of 'stuff' will actually raise questions that would not otherwise arise. I know others here have a very different opinion.

One of the attorneys who posts now and then on britishexpats says there's only two possible one word answers when asked if you know what time it is....yes or no. I'm of the same opinon about forms.

I agree completely...

That's why I gave some warning/advice if one is going to send too much... you got to know what your sending and any conflicting info that might be raised by it.

I didn't even send an "intent to marry" by my SO... she'll get that at the Interview process and she sign it at the consulates...

---

Here is one of the best 'checklists' I've seen for the entire process... even shows how to 'submit the I-129F' .. only thing they left off was a cover letter is highly recommended and samples can be found...

http://www.geocities.com/shayna61/fiancevi...achecklist.html