geomantic omens

Got an email from my SO today telling me of what she has read on 001. She wrote:

"It is really amazing that I found some Chinese wives are discussing geomantic omens ( location of a person's house, decoration of the rooms, people's birthday and name and so on ). They say mirrors should not be placed the opposite to the front door, the bedroom doors and the beds. Mirrors and clocks should not be hung on the bedrooms' walls. Mirror for dressing should be stood on the floor or have a holder. Those ornaments made of killed animals and birds should not be kept at people's home. It is very bad if the cooking place ( the stove ) is opposite to the front door or back door.... Stairs should not be opposite to the front door....

The couple's bed should be ONE. It will be very bad to their marriage if their bed is just two single beds putting together. It will be worse if those two single beds are not at the same size.

Couple's bed should be placed in the center of the room. This means both sides should not be close to the wall. If so , the person sleeping close to the wall might have poor health. It is not good either if place the couple's bed at the reverse side of the place of enshrine and worship. Or the couple might argue with each other very often and then result in a bad relationship. If it is possible, we should avoid letting our kids sleep in those two-story beds. It might have bad influences to kids' health and intelligence. "

Then she proceeded to tell me this is how we will decorate the house! Thought I was king? Roger Help

and what the heck are geomantic omens?

:blink: :rolleyes: :D

Paul, You'll like it.

How did she miss the directional guidelines for all of those? They all must be correctly placed by the compass directions. And of course the year of the sheep is a southwest orientation so this affects everything else for construction this year. Don't you know all this stuff? Try this sight http://www.fengshui-books.com/ and start studying the Bagua (Yi Ching).

Roger can't help he is starting a drive to the point of no return

And so it begins......  King? Ya, right. Us old timers have been telling you pups for a long time - after SHE gets here, SHE da boss and your place is wherever SHE tells you it is.

Wait and see. Enlightenment is coming soon.

after studying engineering for 7 years, not sure I believe that FengShui will create more harmony in my home. However, doing what mySO wants certainly will :lol: :P :(

And so it begins......  King? Ya, right. Us old timers have been telling you pups for a long time - after SHE gets here, SHE da boss and your place is wherever SHE tells you it is.

Wait and see. Enlightenment is coming soon.

after studying engineering for 7 years, not sure I believe that FengShui will create more harmony in my home. However, doing what mySO wants certainly will :P :D :P

Everything, it's all in our minds... the worlds we create and project...

And to think that eastern philosophy said this thousands of years ago...

I was told that many wealthy people in HongKong never sell their humble starter home (or apartment) where they first made their wealth.  The humble house then become the spirit or energy of luck and good fortune for that person, so they will never get rid of it.

Even though they'd probably get more wealthy by selling and reaping the house values going up...

Here in Alabama we have FunkShui, where you have got to have your 1946 Chevy pickup on blocks in the yard just so, the beer cans and bottles lying around the old washing machines have got to be arranged in perfect symmetry, the hound dog has got to be lying across the threshold, y'all get the idea. Hey, but we also don't get rid of the old shack, we just keep adding more trailers in front of it.

Here in Alabama we have FunkShui, where you have got to have your 1946 Chevy pickup on blocks in the yard just so, the beer cans and bottles lying around the old washing machines have got to be arranged in perfect symmetry, the hound dog has got to be lying across the threshold, y'all get the idea.  Hey, but we also don't get rid of the old shack, we just keep adding more trailers in front of it.

Ah yes, I remember Fungshui from my days in WV. I think the pickup with a gunrack provided peace and prosperity to the owner, or some such thing :D

Yep- we must have funk shui in TN too. The other day I was driving on a back road in Knoxville and I really did see a broken trailer beside the new fancy trailer- taken down from its cement blocks and just chillin there. Like Redneck jokes- my favorite is- "If your lawn furniture used to be your living room furniture, you might be a redneck."

Buffalo Paul,

I am sorry I drifted off the subject of your thread, though I did enjoy your response and others.

But, I really don't like feng shui. It is just too prescriptive. And we make our world, as people who have free will. I believe it is true, just as I believe in astrology but it does not HAVE to be that way.

The thread really, though, was supposed to be about you adjusting to having a new wife, and I just want to congratulate you and wish you all the best in such a great new richness in your life, and for her also.

Will be looking forward to hearing more about what she does.