Chinese Medicine

Mark I think the device you mention is a combination of Cupping and acupuncture/acupressure. Does it have a pump to pull a vacuum against the skin to pull up the skin against the point that does the pressure. Or does it just push the point against the skin?

:D Would that be in the basement of the Victory Hotel? :P

Sorry I missed one of them......before I met Lao Po of course! :ph34r:

Tell us more about these massages....blsqueaky! B)

PapaBear ;)

Michael traditional Chinese massage is done fully clothed. I think you may be thinking of other traditional services that a man is entitled to so as to remain healthy.

Actually it was prohibited for a doctor to look at a women's body so they had ivory carvings of a woman lying nude for her to point to the place that hurt. For pulse reading the woman would be behind a curtain and stick her wrist out from it for the doctor to feel. This preserved modesty and face.

:ph34r: Would that be in the basement of the Victory Hotel? B)

Tell us more about these massages....blsqueaky! B)

PapaBear :P

Michael traditional Chinese massage is done fully clothed. I think you may be thinking of other traditional services that a man is entitled to so as to remain healthy.

Actually it was prohibited for a doctor to look at a women's body so they had ivory carvings of a woman lying nude for her to point to the place that hurt. For pulse reading the woman would be behind a curtain and stick her wrist out from it for the doctor to feel. This preserved modesty and face.

I had a few massages in China.. Always seemed to me to be less about a pleasureable time lying down, than to an experiment in pain tolerance.

They really work the muscles hard, and one feels like they just got out of bar room brawl.

I am sure that they differ greatly.. maybe people in Baoding just like it hard...

:ph34r: Would that be in the basement of the Victory Hotel? B)

Tell us more about these massages....blsqueaky! :P

PapaBear :P

I had a few massages in China.. Always seemed to me to be less about a pleasureable time lying down, than to an experiment in pain tolerance.

They really work the muscles hard, and one feels like they just got out of bar room brawl.

I am sure that they differ greatly.. maybe people in Baoding just like it hard...

Sounds like you may have had the Anma test. Anma is painful pressure while Tuina is more about moving energy and lymph for toxic release. Of course acupressure is used at some point in all treatments just to see if you still have feelings B) Traditional foot massage which has become reflexology here is a very painful experience both in China and Japan if done properly :P It is surprising how it can cause you to kick with the free foot or ask for a bullet to bite but later you feel great.

Traditional foot massage which has become reflexology here is a very painful experience both in China and Japan if done properly  :ph34r:  It is surprising how it can cause you to kick with the free foot or ask for a bullet to bite but later you feel great.

Are you joking? Wait till your SO gives this to you.. you sweat bullets to try and avoid looking your kicking starting a bike ...

Besides acupuncture, Zixuan also knows massage. At first, I thought this was going to be heaven.

Let's just say that not even the archangel wants this massage...

But, here is one observation: from years of foot massage her foot and arc are so flexible, I was shocked..

Mine, on the other hand, is like trying to soften a frozen steak. SO, yes, I displayed the wimpy, pathetic motions imagineable. She would just look at me... wondering why...

Guest blsqueaky
Mark I think the device you mention is a combination of Cupping and acupuncture/acupressure. Does it have a pump to pull a vacuum against the skin to pull up the skin against the point that does the pressure. Or does it just push the point against the skin?

Yes, Dan, a pump to pull the skin up to the point. Now I know whay I can not find it, wife took back with her to China last trip.

As far as the massages, they were fully clothed. Only thing off was shoes and socks, since you were soaking your feet, they had too, and if you were a female, the nylons also. I remember that I amn took care of me, while ladied took care of my wife and her friend, and all out in public. It was a regular parlor, and many people where there because it was new years eve. The massage itself was excellent. It found pressure points that I did now know that I had, and they would pull a knuckle on a toe, and I would have a pain in my chest, but it was great, and the cost, hell, I would have one every week if I lived there. I think that my total bill, for 3 of us, $12.00US

PapaBear, you start something, I will have Ling call Pei, and then lets see what happens :ph34r: :ph34r: B)

Now I have been told by a few members here, have to get a real haircut in China, it is an experience.