Jun called me just now... said she was trying to fill out the DS-157 in her hotel room. I didn't even know what it was. Seen no mention of it here, my lawyer never mentioned it either. I looked it up online, and according to an (unofficial) site I saw it said it was required of male applicants, or all applicants from certain countries (China not on the list), but GZ sent this to her.

Does she need it? How did I miss this??

It's a supplemental non-immigrant visa application. It was for any male applicants over 16 years of age. I'm not sure of the status of the form now. I know my wife didn't submit any because they are still in her P3 package she received. Maybe it's best to play it safe and fill it out anyways.

Guest hakkamike

NEW FORM DS-157

The following is a breakdown of the information you need to know regarding the new form DS-157:

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF DS-157?

The new Form DS-157 is new form DOS is using identify individuals it believes may pose a security threat, and therefore might be subject to additional security checks, but who are not from one of the 26 countries subject to the mandatory security clearance check.

WHEN DOES THE FILING OF DS-157 TAKE EFFECT?

The filing of DS-157 took effect on January 11, 2002. The form will be used until June 30, 2002, unless its use is extended by DOS.

WHO MUST FILL OUT DS-157?

All males between the ages of 16 and 45, regardless of nationality and regardless of where they apply for a visa.

Men and women bearing passports from the following countries who presently complete NIV 27a forms are no longer using form NIV 27a, but must instead fill out DS-157:

-China

-Cuba

-Iran

-Iraq

-Libya

-Russia

-Somalia

-Sudan

-Vietnam

WHEN IS DS-157 FILED?

DS-157 is filed concurrently with DS-156 when making a nonimmigrant visa application.