P3-related questions

I have a few questions about P3, which I got today. Keep in mind I filed DCF in Beijing.

1. We have a case number now, so does that mean we can check our status online? I tried it but it didn't work.

2. I keep reading in posts about bills for the I-864, Affidavit of Support Form. I'm assuming this doesn't apply to me, is that right? Why do people have to pay for that form?

3. How many namechecks are there and does that happen after we send P3 back? If you get "stuck" in the namecheck, how do you know that that's what happened?

thanks a lot.

*~Louisa~*

I'll tell you as much as I know or understand, Louisa:

1. No, you can't check anything online. But you can use that to email GZ and ask about your case status (for what good it does).

2. As far as I know, we just take the completed I-184 (or more than one in my case with a co-sponsor) to the appointment.

3. I think there's just one namecheck after they receive it. When I messaged them to see if they received the packet, they replied that they did and were conducting "preinterview clearances". A month later, they said they were waiting for an available appointment.

Hope that helps...