Parents to Come November...

I just love air miles. Thanks to Delta, my wife's parents are traveling from Hong Kong to Portland basically free...

Visitors must fill out the I-94 form, but they are immigrants so this would be the wrong form. Does any one know what the other form number is? I need to download one, fill it out and send it to them so they have an example of what is needed. We don't want them getting hung up at POE as we won't be there to help. We will be on the other side of the door. I know some POE's have translators for help. Does anyone know if Portland has someone who can speak Mandarin or Cantonese?

Thanks in advance

I don't know about Portland Mike. When Bing came to Seattle I asked if the customs and immigration people had translators and was assured they do. I would assume that all POEs do. I assume Mama and Baba have cell phones. Buy them some prepaid US sim cards and send them to them. That way they can call you if they have a problem.

The only form an immigrant fills out on the flight over is the customs declaration form.

http://206.241.31.146/ImageCache/cgov/content/travel/pleasure_5fvacation/sample_5fdeclaration_5fform_5f_2ectt/v2/image/1/cf6059b_5ffront.jpg

Instructions: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation...ration_form.xml

Since items with them are personal, they have nothing to declare, unless carrying cash in excess of $10,000.

I-94 is for NON-Immigrants, it is an arrival/DEPARTURE record, immigrants arrive, but are not required to depart.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)
Guest Wuhan4me

I'll second what dnoblett has said - only the Customs Declaration Form is needed. 'Ware, though, if you gets a newbie Officer at CBP, make sure to not get in the 'tourist' line :o

I'll second what dnoblett has said - only the Customs Declaration Form is needed. 'Ware, though, if you gets a newbie Officer at CBP, make sure to not get in the 'tourist' line :o

Depends on airport, I know Chicago has immigrants and NON-Resident tourists go through one line, and Residents, and US Citizens got through a different line. Immigrants don't have green-card yet so go through the line marked Immigrants/NON-Residents.