co-sponsor questions

hi everyone

I was wondering should we frontload the co-sponsor's I-134 and tax info ahead of my fiance's?

also has anyone had any experience being self employed/independant contractor during the interview process? Whats the general understanding from the CO about this? What I mean is will they understand that IC's can be a lot more stable financialy compared to the number shown after deductions since a lot of ppl sort of cheat on those, for example deducting rent as a home office etc?

We have seen members report $0 income on their I-864 and still be approved - http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=332162

For other reasons I won't go into, I showed no assets on the I-864. My gross income is in the millions, but taxable income is less than zero and all the transcripts I submitted state this clearly. The I-864 seems to be a non-issue. I filled it out with ZERO for my income.

It's best to summarize what your income REALLY is and use that in a cover sheet to direct attention to the real figure. Have your accountant draw up a statement

The sponsor may also include as initial evidence: Letter(s) evidencing his or her current employment and income, paycheck stub(s) (showing earnings for the most recent six months, financial statements, or other evidence of the sponsor's anticipated household income for the year in which the intending immigrant files the application for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status
Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
Guest Wuhan4me

hi everyone

I was wondering should we frontload the co-sponsor's I-134 and tax info ahead of my fiance's?

also has anyone had any experience being self employed/independant contractor during the interview process? Whats the general understanding from the CO about this? What I mean is will they understand that IC's can be a lot more stable financialy compared to the number shown after deductions since a lot of ppl sort of cheat on those, for example deducting rent as a home office etc?

If you are filling out an I-134 for a K-1, then it's supplied on Interview Day, by the beneficiary, at GUZ, to the Consular Official. (which does mean he/she has it prior to interview day)

If you think you need a co-sponser, then be safe - get:

1. 3 years of tax transcripts

2. current letter of employment on company letterhead, stating a) hire date, b ) position, c) annual salary amount

3. [optional] list of assets

4. [optional] CERTIFIED Income and Asset Tally sheet from a CPA.

as to the IC 'issue' - there's no hard and fast rule (or at least not known to 'normal' folk) - a lot will depend on what's in the schedule C data, as well as what you put forth in item 4 from my list. I feel certain there's some math involved that the Consular Officials DO use, in determining whether or not 1) you meet the guidelines and 2) she won't become a public charge based on the numbers you've given them. I don't know what it is - of course that set o Guidelines for the Poverty Level throws an IC out for a loop, as those 'expenses' get sunk, each month.

If you have the time, at least put together (on your own) an Income and Asset Tally sheet - do your own math and see if things make sense to you - then if they do make sense, transcribe what you can to the I-134, and see if those numbers make sense, as well.

Good Luck..

[edit] to remove the :rolleyes: and replace with b )

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)