Regarding Police Reports: My SO has a Police Report from Shieshou Township. That covers Guilin, Xing'an and the little village of Shimen where she grew up. Now, she lives in Nanning and has lived there for about three years. She went to the Police Department in Nanning and they told her she only needs the Police Report from Shieshou.

I asked her to go back to the Nanning Police Department and insist on getting a Police Report from them because one is needed for everywhere the SO has lived for more than six months since they became 16 years old.

I kind of pressed her to do this, because our interview date in on October 11, 2006. I've read on CFL that Nanning Police Reports take up to three weeks to obtain!

Can anyone advise on this subject? We will need to be in Guangzhou on October 8 with hopefully getting the medical exam on October 9, picking up the medical results on October 10, then the interview on October 11th. If three weeks, it could be a problem, especially when all police reports require a conversion to english and a notarized statement making claim that the conversion is correct!

The one she got from her hukou covers all of China - she's all set!

I called Vermont Service Center about I130 questions. One of which is police certificate. My fiancee has been working in Dubai for about 6 years on and off. VSC only wants a police certificate from her Hukou. another item was about my 13 yr old step daughter and her signing documents, they want mother to sign. VSC was very helpful and patient with me.

The one she got from her hukou covers all of China - she's all set!

I called Vermont Service Center about I130 questions. One of which is police certificate. My fiancee has been working in Dubai for about 6 years on and off. VSC only wants a police certificate from her Hukou. another item was about my 13 yr old step daughter and her signing documents, they want mother to sign. VSC was very helpful and patient with me.

VSC, is USCIS, not DOS or GUZ. VSC doesn't want ANY police certificate, so don't get your information from USCIS about what DOS requires. One from her Hukou covers China but you'll still need one from Dubai if she's been "living" there. He passport and later questions on visa applications for P3 and P4 will disclose that she has lived in another country besides China.

Police checks in China are pretty much one size fits all so don't sweat it too much if she can't get one from Nanning. One from her hukou will do. Police checks are also required from any country where she has lived more than one year. This is from the consulate web site.

Notarial police certificates are required from each visa applicant aged 16 or over issued by his/her local municipal notary office where he/she has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year
Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

Police checks in China are pretty much one size fits all so don't sweat it too much if she can't get one from Nanning. One from her hukou will do. Police checks are also required from any country where she has lived more than one year. This is from the consulate web site.

Notarial police certificates are required from each visa applicant aged 16 or over issued by his/her local municipal notary office where he/she has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year

I haven't been able to get a hold of my SO since I pressed her to get a police report from Nanning. So far, my SO has been very informative about the entire process. She had purchased a book (in chinese) outlining the entire process way back in 2004!

Since we do have a police report from her hukou, I won't worry too much! Thank you!

Edited by mrbill2449 (see edit history)