I'm so sorry for polluting these forums with talk of Communism. I should probably just learn how stop worrying and love the CCP...

But maybe I should have her quit. I say this because it's the number one suggestion on this site. The problem is I just cannot understand why! US immigration law is pretty clear with its rule that the applicant needs to have left the Communist Party for at least 2 years in order to make it a non-issue.

But, in practice, does it make a difference?

Do those who quit the party just months before the interview have any better of a chance than those who don't?

Guest pushbrk
I'm so sorry for polluting these forums with talk of Communism.  I should probably just learn how stop worrying and love the CCP...

But maybe I should have her quit.  I say this because it's the number one suggestion on this site.  The problem is I just cannot understand why!  US immigration law is pretty clear with its rule that the applicant needs to have left the Communist Party for at least 2 years in order to make it a non-issue.

But, in practice, does it make a difference?

Do those who quit the party just months before the interview have any better of a chance than those who don't?

227431[/snapback]

It is certainly too late to benefit from quiting two years before the interview. The sooner you quit, the sooner the two years will begin, should it become an issue.

If you have satisfied yourself that your SO is eligible for a visa anyway then perhaps preparing an explanation that proves she's NOT "inelligible" will be sufficient. These can become sticky issues.

There is an exception to ccp membership if your wife had to join the party for her job. what amazes me though is since it isn't ilegal to be a communist in the USA and the comnunist party is alive and well here that no one has tested the constitutionaliy of this law.