ACH on Friday 4/7 in GZ

Well, I went to ACH on Friday 4/7 and met a few interesting people, but really didn't get any new juicy bits.

It started at 230, but I was there at 140 so I had a fairly low number. I would guess there were 30 people there, 3 of which were not Asian, for what that matters, since everyone there was USC or naturalized.

I went there to find out why we're 100 days into our waiting for GUZ to receive and log our file into the computer. The guy I spoke to was an anglo guy with black hair and gold glasses. Maybe 5'8 or so (just a guess, since he was sitting behind the window) and slight of build. He'd have no trouble buying clothes in any store in GZ since he has an average GZ guy's size and build.

Anyway, he was friendly, and casual. He indicated our file was electronically there, and that the electronic file is just bare bones of what is in the paper file. He indicated there was a complicated procedure getting the files out of Chinese customs, involving the embassy in beijing, PRC officials, and then the Shemian Dao (old) consulate, where the files are warehoused until they are sent to the Tianhe (new) consulate. He said about the longest he'd heard of was 3 months, and since I was at 3 months, to keep on it. I asked if there was a better way to contact them, but he said the form on their consulate site was about the best way to email them. They don't use email addresses because of spam, and the form eliminates the spam, which I can understand.

Next, I asked him about the video formats, and he indicated that they accepted most digital media (computer CDs), as well as DVD, both kinds of VHS, and possibly others. However they do not have those things at their desks, so they would have to look at them later. This means of course that there is no remedy that day. Keep that in mind if they ask for video!!

Finally, I asked him about my W-7 paperwork and if it was okay. I think there was some confusion at first, since I reiterated that the K-3 only needs the I-134 and ONE year of tax paperwork, BUT that the VO MAY ask for THREE years of paperwork if there is any question of consistency or work history, or any reason they may question ablility to support, etc.

I had another question, but I got stagefright I guess. Here I had the full attention of a VO, and forgot my other question. I still don't know what it was, but if it was important someone else on CFL probably asked it at one time or another anyway :D

The VO had heard of CFL (smiled when I mentioned it) and did watch for posts in "GUZ speaks." I don't know if he is the 'official' USCONGUZ poster or not, but it was cool to know that they do keep tabs on it.

I met four interesting people. The first guy, who ended up on 2 of the 3 flights home with me, was about a year out of his interview and had flown to GZ to give the overcome information. I guess his SO on a K-1 had her interview, but he wanted to give the overcome stuff in person? I don't know. I gave him the URL for the site. I think he thought I was selling something at first, but when I talked to him later I think he realized I was just helping out.

The second guy was a dot.com hot shot out of FL who apparently has some big portals in China he set up. He's two years out since submitting his P3 (!!) and I think every third word he said was a swear word. I don't envy the VO who got this guy, but I think he's got a right to be a little angry. I suggested he might want to contact his congress people. His P3 was logged into the GZ computer in like Spring 2004. (!!)

The third guy was from San Fran and I think he was naturalized. Maybe a Maori guy or something like that by the tat's and accent. Anyway, he was like a year since his SO mailed the P3 to the consulate and they never heard back, so he was there for that.

The fourth guy was a guy who came in to hopefully get a visa and go home with his GF/ fiancee' that day. My wife and I had a good laugh on the way to the subway when I told her that one!

Anyway, it isnt this casual chat hour, like it seems like it would be, but it does get you face time with a VO if you need it, for the low price of a roundtrip ticket to GZ, or a couple of hours time away from your SO if you are already there, which to me were priceless.

Soon baobao... soon...

I was turned on to CFL by someone I met who worked at the old GUZ...he said it helps them out a lot because we quite often (I don't wish to say always and jinx someone) file everything dotted and crossed..

Good deal on your report, I believe going to the consulate and making friends is a great thing. I had done that a few times and really came to peace that all the people who work there are the same as me and don't wish anyone any harm--unless they really had a tough time with the guy before me or something...but hey, who wants to talk about human nature..

Good luck w/your K-3

Rob

Well, I went to ACH on Friday 4/7 and met a few interesting people, but really didn't get any new juicy bits.

It started at 230, but I was there at 140 so I had a fairly low number.  I would guess there were 30 people there, 3 of which were not Asian, for what that matters, since everyone there was USC or naturalized.

I went there to find out why we're 100 days into our waiting for GUZ to receive and log our file into the computer.  The guy I spoke to was an anglo guy with black hair and gold glasses.  Maybe 5'8 or so (just a guess, since he was sitting behind the window) and slight of build.  He'd have no trouble buying clothes in any store in GZ since he has an average GZ guy's size and build.

Anyway, he was friendly, and casual.  He indicated our file was electronically there, and that the electronic file is just bare bones of what is in the paper file.  He indicated there was a complicated procedure getting the files out of Chinese customs, involving the embassy in beijing, PRC officials, and then the Shemian Dao (old) consulate, where the files are warehoused until they are sent to the Tianhe (new) consulate.  He said about the longest he'd heard of was 3 months, and since I was at 3 months, to keep on it.  I asked if there was a better way to contact them, but he said the form on their consulate site was about the best way to email them.  They don't use email addresses because of spam, and the form eliminates the spam, which I can understand.

Next, I asked him about the video formats, and he indicated that they accepted most digital media (computer CDs), as well as DVD, both kinds of VHS, and possibly others.  However they do not have those things at their desks, so they would have to look at them later.  This means of course that there is no remedy that day.  Keep that in mind if they ask for video!!

Finally, I asked him about my W-7 paperwork and if it was okay.  I think there was some confusion at first, since I reiterated that the K-3 only needs the I-134 and ONE year of tax paperwork, BUT that the VO MAY ask for THREE years of paperwork if there is any question of consistency or work history, or any reason they may question ablility to support, etc.

I had another question, but I got stagefright I guess.  Here I had the full attention of a VO, and forgot my other question.  I still don't know what it was, but if it was important someone else on CFL probably asked it at one time or another anyway :P

The VO had heard of CFL (smiled when I mentioned it) and did watch for posts in "GUZ speaks."  I don't know if he is the 'official' USCONGUZ poster or not, but it was cool to know that they do keep tabs on it.

I met four interesting people.  The first guy, who ended up on 2 of the 3 flights home with me, was about a year out of his interview and had flown to GZ to give the overcome information.  I guess his SO on a K-1 had her interview, but he wanted to give the overcome stuff in person?  I don't know.  I gave him the URL for the site.  I think he thought I was selling something at first, but when I talked to him later I think he realized I was just helping out.

The second guy was a dot.com hot shot out of FL who apparently has some big portals in China he set up.  He's two years out since submitting his P3 (!!) and I think every third word he said was a swear word.  I don't envy the VO who got this guy, but I think he's got a right to be a little angry.  I suggested he might want to contact his congress people.  His P3 was logged into the GZ computer in like Spring 2004. (!!)

The third guy was from San Fran and I think he was naturalized.  Maybe a Maori guy or something like that by the tat's and accent.  Anyway, he was like a year since his SO mailed the P3 to the consulate and they never heard back, so he was there for that.

The fourth guy was a guy who came in to hopefully get a visa and go home with his GF/ fiancee' that day.  My wife and I had a good laugh on the way to the subway when I told her that one!

Anyway, it isnt this casual chat hour, like it seems like it would be, but it does get you face time with a VO if you need it, for the low price of a roundtrip ticket to GZ, or a couple of hours time away from your SO if you are already there, which to me were priceless. 

Soon baobao...  soon...

205803[/snapback]

Yes , good information , I had a question on your comments: When you wrote that the GZ staff does not have access to a VHS recorder at their desk , did you mean to say that a CD of one's self and SO communicating is best put on on a CD so the GZ staff can put it in their computer at their desk ??

Great!  Now I can look forward to possibly waiting another year for our P4.

205903[/snapback]

Sorry to post this here, but I noticed your timeline. It only took 6 days for NVC to approve your petition and send it off to GUZ? That's fast.

yep. We went very fast until case sent to GUZ.  Now we are paying the price it seems.  I still think case number must have something to do with it.  Others have passed me up, but they waited much longer at the beginning then we did.

205920[/snapback]

So, are you saying that you don't believe they take them in the order they receive them? That would be the fair thing to do, but, I have to admit that I have seen a wide variation in timelines. The fastest one I've seen is 5 months from filing to receiving visa.

yep. We went very fast until case sent to GUZ.  Now we are paying the price it seems.  I still think case number must have something to do with it.  Others have passed me up, but they waited much longer at the beginning then we did.

205920[/snapback]

So, are you saying that you don't believe they take them in the order they receive them? That would be the fair thing to do, but, I have to admit that I have seen a wide variation in timelines. The fastest one I've seen is 5 months from filing to receiving visa.

205936[/snapback]

I'm only refering to GUZ. No I don't believe they take them in the order they receive. No way can they be doing it that way. The recent cases that have received P4 did not receive their P3's until after we were already eligible for interview. They must be looking at the original date cases were filed in order to clean up all those older cases. But then again I have seen cases that were almost the same timeline as ours and they also have recieved their P4. I don't have a problem with them doing it that way. Fact is those waiting for such a long time deserve to be pushed up to the front of the line. I just wish I could get someone to tell me what the process truly is. Seems I'm just babbling. Pay no attention to me. haha

It started at 230, but I was there at 140 so I had a fairly low number.  I would guess there were 30 people there, 3 of which were not Asian, for what that matters, since everyone there was USC or naturalized.

I went there to find out why we're 100 days into our waiting for GUZ to receive and log our file into the computer.  The guy I spoke to was an anglo guy with black hair and gold glasses.  Maybe 5'8 or so (just a guess, since he was sitting behind the window) and slight of build.  He'd have no trouble buying clothes in any store in GZ since he has an average GZ guy's size and build.

Anyway, he was friendly, and casual.  He indicated our file was electronically there, and that the electronic file is just bare bones of what is in the paper file.  He indicated there was a complicated procedure getting the files out of Chinese customs, involving the embassy in beijing, PRC officials, and then the Shemian Dao (old) consulate, where the files are warehoused until they are sent to the Tianhe (new) consulate.  He said about the longest he'd heard of was 3 months, and since I was at 3 months, to keep on it.  I asked if there was a better way to contact them, but he said the form on their consulate site was about the best way to email them.  They don't use email addresses because of spam, and the form eliminates the spam, which I can understand.

Next, I asked him about the video formats, and he indicated that they accepted most digital media (computer CDs), as well as DVD, both kinds of VHS, and possibly others.  However they do not have those things at their desks, so they would have to look at them later.  This means of course that there is no remedy that day.  Keep that in mind if they ask for video!!

Finally, I asked him about my W-7 paperwork and if it was okay.  I think there was some confusion at first, since I reiterated that the K-3 only needs the I-134 and ONE year of tax paperwork, BUT that the VO MAY ask for THREE years of paperwork if there is any question of consistency or work history, or any reason they may question ablility to support, etc.

I had another question, but I got stagefright I guess.  Here I had the full attention of a VO, and forgot my other question.  I still don't know what it was, but if it was important someone else on CFL probably asked it at one time or another anyway ;)

The VO had heard of CFL (smiled when I mentioned it) and did watch for posts in "GUZ speaks."  I don't know if he is the 'official' USCONGUZ poster or not, but it was cool to know that they do keep tabs on it.

I met four interesting people.  The first guy, who ended up on 2 of the 3 flights home with me, was about a year out of his interview and had flown to GZ to give the overcome information.  I guess his SO on a K-1 had her interview, but he wanted to give the overcome stuff in person?  I don't know.  I gave him the URL for the site.  I think he thought I was selling something at first, but when I talked to him later I think he realized I was just helping out.

The second guy was a dot.com hot shot out of FL who apparently has some big portals in China he set up.  He's two years out since submitting his P3 (!!) and I think every third word he said was a swear word.  I don't envy the VO who got this guy, but I think he's got a right to be a little angry.  I suggested he might want to contact his congress people.  His P3 was logged into the GZ computer in like Spring 2004. (!!)

The third guy was from San Fran and I think he was naturalized.  Maybe a Maori guy or something like that by the tat's and accent.  Anyway, he was like a year since his SO mailed the P3 to the consulate and they never heard back, so he was there for that.

The fourth guy was a guy who came in to hopefully get a visa and go home with his GF/ fiancee' that day.  My wife and I had a good laugh on the way to the subway when I told her that one!

Soon baobao...  soon...

205803[/snapback]

Yes , good information , I had a question on your comments: When you wrote that the GZ staff does not have access to a VHS recorder at their desk , did you mean to say that a CD of one's self and SO communicating is best put on on a CD so the GZ staff can put it in their computer at their desk ??

205864[/snapback]

The VO said that the CD Drives at the computers at their desks were disabled to prevent viruses from entering their network. They have a desk in some sort of media center that has pc's that do have drives that are enabled.

Sorry for the confusion.

205920[/snapback]

I dont see your timeline as being that slow... Seems you are on track to me! Good luck!