More GZ bulls**t

I am so livid and disgusted. My fiancee just called after her visit at the consulate...here's the story and result...

Two days ago the consulate (I refuse to spell consulate with a capital "c" because they deserve no respect), called my SO to go and present only her and her daughters passports. She asked them if she should bring evidence, and they said "no", jsut the passports.

So she goes to the consulate only to be sent with a request to obtain an updated non criminal record, single person certificate, and divorce certificate (which she obtained 3 days ago at my insistence). They also requested that she and her daughter go for another medical exam. understand this request because of the avian flu scare. Then they told her to return with all the papers for an "interview" November 4th.

Why the hell did they ask her to come in without the documents, then schedule her for an interview. it would make far more sense to ask for everything before seeing her at all. these GZ people are master time wasters, and frankly I'm worried again...My health can not endure the stress of the last 2 years much longer...I will not go through another 6 month wait...this is insane!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex, that is really horrible, I'm so sorry to hear about that. But we're all behind you...don't lose hope and, most importantly, don't let GUZ get the best of you -- especially your health!

I think if you hang in there -- and are extra persistent, you will come out with your visa. As they say, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Don't let them wear you down...

Edited by Jocelyn (see edit history)
I am so livid and disgusted. My fiancee just called after her visit at the consulate...here's the story and result...

Two days ago the consulate (I refuse to spell consulate with a capital "c" because they deserve no respect), called my SO to go and present only her and her daughters passports. She asked them if she should bring evidence, and they said "no", jsut the passports.

So she goes to the consulate only to be sent with a request to obtain  an updated non criminal record, single person certificate, and divorce certificate (which she obtained 3 days ago at my insistence).  They also requested that she and her daughter go for another medical exam.  understand this request because of the avian flu scare. Then they told her to return with all the papers for an "interview" November 4th.

Why the hell did they ask her to come in without the documents, then schedule her for an interview. it would make far more sense to ask for everything before seeing her at all. these GZ people are master time wasters, and frankly I'm worried again...My health can not endure the stress of the last 2 years much longer...I will not go through another 6 month wait...this is insane!

163953[/snapback]

Deplorable. Can't your reps in Congress help?

Sounds like a last ditch effort to get you to go away and quit bothering them. Keep after them Alex. You will prevail. It doesn't sound all bad though. I wouldn't think they would be having her bring all that stuff and get a new exam if they weren't serious about giving her a visa.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

I feel your pain. Keep kickin ass and taking names. It does help.I used to have a poster of a Blue Hron trying to eat a frog. The frogs head was begining down the beak of the Heron, but the frog's hands was choking the sh.t out of the Heron by the throat. My sign said,"NEVER GIVE UP".

I have never thought so much about that poster so much until the GUZ Zone. Hang in there bro.

So she goes to the consulate only to be sent with a request to obtain  an updated non criminal record, single person certificate, and divorce certificate (which she obtained 3 days ago at my insistence).  They also requested that she and her daughter go for another medical exam.  understand this request because of the avian flu scare. Then they told her to return with all the papers for an "interview" November 4th.

163953[/snapback]

Sometimes I wonder if the people at the consulate realize how they are affecting people's lives when they do things like that. Crap like this only reinforces the need for transparency at all levels of the process just so we can avoid these silly delays.

It is time to remind them that...

1) BECAUSE WE PAY THEIR SALARY, THEY WORK FOR US.

2) THEY ARE HERE TO SERVE THE AMERICAN CITIZEN, WE ARE NOT HERE TO JUSTIFY THEIR REASON FOR A JOB.

I could go on, but I think I made my point. Keep yelling Alex, eventually they will get the message.

I apologize...I feel a little responsible. Why you ask? Because when I first read your post about just bringing passports..I immiediately wanted to write and say "Don't do it. Bring the kitchen sink!" But I really wanted to believe that they were organized and knew exactley what they were doing. I should have posted it anyway but I get tired of being cynical about this whole process. WE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER.

Sorry to hear.. this is a nightmare rollercoaster ride that GUZ is running. Sounds like they only wanted to give the interview news in person, yes, a hugh waste of time. Take a long breath and let the tension slide... Tomorrow is another new day... closer to when you will be together.

Tell your SO we're all standing behind you guys and anticipate her arrival in the US ...

Alex:

Stay cool. Focus on the ring. You are very close. Just jump through the hoops they have placed in your way (THIS TIME) and flip them all the bird when it is over.

You have endured more than any one American should. Read many of the recent posts...the system is broken. We're trying to forge on while the wheels are no longer round and are falling off.

Keep in mind that there are many many people pulling for you right now and only a couple of dufusses pushing paper in a sadistic circle. You will prevail.

Phil