i thought the p4 should come but instead my wife got 3 papers about calling to schedual the initial visa interview....shouldnt she just get a package of papers that also tell her the date and time? below is the english letter she recieved:

this office is ready to begin final processing of the immigrant visa applicant(s) named below in this case

please call our visa information call center(900-60-798-798) to schedule an appointment for an initial immigrant visa interview . this is a user-pays service (10 HKD\minute ). Appointment must be scheduled at least five(5) business days in advance . the visa information call center can be reached via a fee-based 900 number provided by PCCW . callers who have not previously used a 900 number service should contact their service providers for registration. Alternatively, if their telephone service provider does not permit calls to 900 numbers, callers may purchase the pre-paid hello phonecard to access the number , available at authorized PCCW outlets in HongKong .

Macau residents do not need to make an appointment through the visa information call center . Macau residents can be seen any business day at 8:30am except the last workday of each month. When traveling to HongKong for your visa interview , please use your Macau ID card at the immigration checkpoints as we will not be able to return your travel document to you on the same day . while an appointment is not required for Macau residents , it is strongly recommended, as all scheduled applicants will be interviewed before any unscheduled applicants .

All applicants , regardless of where you reside , should plan to appear for your interview before the end of the month following the month written at the top of this letter. If you do not appear before the following month, we can not guarantee that visa number(s) , if needed , will be available .please be advised that failure to pursue your application within one year of the date of this letter, or of the letter informing you of the initial visa interview , or of the packet 4A letter (whichever is earliest) may result in the termination of your case .

When communicating with this office or the visa information call center, please provide your name and case number exactly as shown in this letter.

hi honey that is the paper i dont understand , i miss you very much i will talk to you soon i love u

Edited by adambchildress (see edit history)

Apparently, HK treats the K-3 as an immigrant visa and allows you to schedule your own appointment: http://www.usconsulate.org.hk/consular/iv/appointments.htm Sounds like the ball is in her court now, but I thought you already had an appointment. :greenblob:

Unfortunately, only non immigrant visa appointments can be scheduled on line: http://www.usconsulate.org.hk/consular/niv/appointment.htm

Edited by frank1538 (see edit history)