Does any know what the average wait time for a name check. I am past the 2 month point. The DOS never has any useful info when I call. My concern is my wife's Police records will be too old by the time she has an interview.

I made it to Malaysia and will be going to the US embassy in KL next week to see about transfering her case to there. They said on the phon eit is possible. I just need to come in and show our paperwork. I will give up dates if this is successful or not.

Matt

A useful addition to your time line would be the date of when your file arrived at Guangzhou ( in the mail) from NVC and was entered into the computer . Timing appears to matter at that point based on other CR1's of when a P4 could be expected. Based on current times (barring problems and changes), an interview could be expected as early as November based on you information. It will be interesting to hear if you can change mid-stream, and be done quicker.

The accuracy is suspect for some of the "number of days" below, but this is what I have collected over the past year for Name Check times, from P3 returned to stated Name Check is complete. The top is the oldest, the bottom is most recent.

Best of luck whichever path you choose, but seems if there is possibility for a quicker action on your case in KL, then everyone will be rooting for you....