Marrige in China I-129F and my recomendation

On the advice of my wifes cousin who has already gone through the process. She told us to get married in Hong Kong because the visa's are done in a day and because most people dont want to move from HK to the US that the processing is much faster. So my wife and I got married in Hong Kong, jUNE 2004. When I came back to America I started the I-130 process. I was never informed of the I-129F. So i started the process and got through the Aff of Support when my wifes cousin told me to file the I-129f. I told her I was already far in the cr-1 process. The goverment told me i couldnt file the I-129F eaither. So I waited a month then decided screw it I am going to try it anyway. Well I started the i-129f in April 2005 and am now in the p3 has been sent back to HK This week in July so in only 3 months my info has been sent on and I would say we are 2 months if that a way from a visa. The day HK got my paperwork they entered it into the computer and mailed the p3. HK is very efficient so I recommend getting married in Hong Kong. My wife is from China but they can marry in Hong Kong and the I-129F will be proceesed where you are married so if you get married in China you may wait a longer time than if you spend the money to get down to HK to get married. Good luck and God Bless.

great info.. thanks.

I thought I had heard that can only get K3 through HK.. if you pursue CR1, do you know if they do the interview in HK?

How difficult is it for the average woman to get into HK, any requirements?

140395[/snapback]

Hi Dave,

In regards to the CR-1 you are correct. I would have to go through GZ which even though I was months into the CR-1 process I opted for the K-3 because I new being married in HK that my I-129F would go through there. So no cr-1 in Hong Kong. CR-1 are done in the country where your S.O. resides. My wife a poor villiage farmer actually I am talking to her right now so I will ask her............(her response) nothing special. Anyone from China just apply the passport to go there and get it maybe 3 weeks. Anyway I hope that helps you and anyone else.

just so I am clear...

Where did you actually submit the I-130 , HK ?

At some point, do notify HK (?) that you will pursue the K3 instead and to drop the CR1 path?

140404[/snapback]

My I-130(cr-1) process never left the states. I never returned my support documents because I decided to go with the I-129F. Once my wife comes to the U.S. I will have to call the NVC to let them know I no longer want to persure the CR-1 and that my wife has arrived on a K-3 visa.

ok.. I get it...  I see this is basically in your original post...

How about the I-129F , also submitted in US? But the consulate it goes to is HK since you were married there?

140407[/snapback]

that is exactly right. I would have continued the CR-1 but have heard that GZ has been known to take a long time. I got married in Hong Kong because you only need to wait a few days to get married and no blood tests or anything. The fact that I-129F is processed there and usually faster than GZ was a hidden bonus.

I don't think you need to call the NVC. Just submit the I-485 to the USCIS after she gets here, which will include your NOA2 from your I-130 and your on your way to a green card

ok..   I had in my mind, that a person marries in HK and then does DCF in HK.. I thought you did that.

Now I am wondering if there is such a thing as DCF through HK ?  ANYONE ?

140410[/snapback]

Not for non-HK residents.

140448[/snapback]

Thanks.. I saw you post in the other thread explaining the interview locations and post issues... I need to update the FAQ with this and will include a question on priority date with Frank's insight on this..

I thought it is not that easy for mainland people to go to HK.  The person will need a Chinese visa.

140462[/snapback]

I think the restrictions have been relaxed recently making it less restrictive for mainland Chinese to travel to Hong Kong.

I was reading something about that a couple of weeks ago.

Guest ShaQuaNew
My wife who is a poor villiage farmer, with no money, no job, went to Hong Kong four times with no trouble. I said did they ask you about money or being poor in she said why would they care.......so I would have to say its pretty easy.

140681[/snapback]

I am wondering in a big way here. My fiance lives in Shenzhen, which is about 40 minutes from Hong Kong. She has a Shenzhen ID, and Chinese Passport both, but she can come and go to Hong Kong anytime. She simply needs to show her Shenzhen ID when crossing the border to Hong Kong and back.

Does anyone know where to go to get specific information on this?