About to leave for Australia! :-)

Hey, about to leave for Australia for a long holiday with my fiancee (chinese citizen in Aussie at University). Can't wait! :D :)

Gonna be doing DCF there (which will involve the DS-230 apps, the I-130 petition, and I-864). I think I got everything, but if there is something i totally overlooked, it's my last chance now to get it taken care of before i take off!

- 2002, 2003, and 2004 tax transcripts (from the IRS)

- 2002, 2003, and 2004 W-2's (not really needed, but might ask for it)

- Letter of employment indicating my full-time employment, salary, and that i'm on official leave of absence. Signed by my manager on official company letterhead.

- A letter from bank stating my total amount of money in my savings account (i will print out statements from online while i'm in australia... 12 months worth, just in case they want to see deposit/withdrawal activity).

- Birth Certificate and Passport

- Proof of relationship in the following forms: photos, airline tickets visiting her, years worth of emails, chat logs, activity from my telephone calling card

- Correspondances with the embassy (faxes and emails that i've printed out)

This is all stuff that i think i need as the USC. My fiancee naturally has all the stuff she needs for her end of things. And we will, of course, have the marriage certificate after we get married (which is scheduled for a week from Tuesday). We will also get passport size photographs taken while we are there.

Thanks for everything so far on this forum. You guys have been a big help. I'll keep updating for people interested in the DCF from 3rd country process. :)

Hey, about to leave for Australia for a long holiday with my fiancee (chinese citizen in Aussie at University).  Can't wait! :D :)

Gonna be doing DCF there (which will involve the DS-230 apps, the I-130 petition, and I-864). I think I got everything, but if there is something i totally overlooked, it's my last chance now to get it taken care of before i take off!

- 2002, 2003, and 2004 tax transcripts (from the IRS)

- 2002, 2003, and 2004 W-2's (not really needed, but might ask for it)

- Letter of employment indicating my full-time employment, salary, and that i'm on official leave of absence.  Signed by my manager on official company letterhead.

- A letter from bank stating my total amount of money in my savings account (i will print out statements from online while i'm in australia... 12 months worth, just in case they want to see deposit/withdrawal activity).

- Birth Certificate and Passport

- Proof of relationship in the following forms: photos, airline tickets visiting her, years worth of emails, chat logs, activity from my telephone calling card

- Correspondances with the embassy (faxes and emails that i've printed out)

This is all stuff that i think i need as the USC.  My fiancee naturally has all the stuff she needs for her end of things.  And we will, of course, have the marriage certificate after we get married (which is scheduled for a week from Tuesday).  We will also get passport size photographs taken while we are there.

Thanks for everything so far on this forum.  You guys have been a big help.  I'll keep updating for people interested in the DCF from 3rd country process. :)

139861[/snapback]

sounds like you are well prepared.... is that sound your knees knocking???

have a great time and good luck... wishing you the best experience and success!!!!

Well. this is a great !

I can't wait to hear reports back from you.

The only concerns I have:

1) whether the employer letter and bank letter (only necessary if you will list assets on the I-864) will be too old for the consulates taste, by the time of the interview.

2) I'm unaware of how long this entire thing will take.. but by the time of the interview, is it 2006 ?

What if they expect to see 2005 tax returns, can you provide that while there? I have heard of this type of request at Guangzhou (asking for current year when it was not even filed yet).

Best to you..

Well. this is a great !

I can't wait to hear reports back from you.

The only concerns I have:

1) whether the employer letter and bank letter (only necessary if you will list assets on the I-864) will be too old for the consulates taste, by the time of the interview.

2) I'm unaware of how long this entire thing will take.. but by the time of the interview, is it 2006 ?   

What if they expect to see 2005 tax returns, can you provide that while there? I have heard of this type of request at Guangzhou (asking for current year when it was not even filed yet).

Best to you..

139873[/snapback]

Thanks guys! :)

In response to the concerns:

1) The bank letter is actual one of two choices for proving assets. The other thing I can provide is 12 months of bank statements, which are available online for me in pdf files. I will print them all out, up until the final interview, so in conjunction with the bank letter, I hope it will be okay :)

As for the employer letter, I think it would be a concern, but my particular case is a bit different, in that there is language on the letter that states that I am on a company-approved leave of absence that begins July and ends May 2006. Since the interview will be during that period, I hope the consulate will find no reason to question my status of a leave-of-absence being any different a couple of months later.

2) I know that this might raise some eyebrows, or people might think i'm ultra-super-naive :D, but according to visajourney and the DCF process there, i expect her interview to be well before 2006. And actually, if it goes far beyond January 2006, my wife-to-be and I will be out of luck, because her student visa will expire in February. We actually expect to send in the DS-230 and the checklist requesting an interview date in the first week of August, and hopefully get an interview date for September. Of course i'm totally crossing fingers here! (the Aussies applying DCF at Sydney seem to get their interview dates very quickly)

If they expect to see 2005 tax returns, it will be quite troublesome, since no one will be in the US to receive my W-2's and I would have to file from overseas. If they ask to see the 2005 returns, I think it will be incredibly problematic, especially due to the tight schedule we would be having nearing the end of her student visa. I am hoping it doesn't happen!

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate all the concerns, as it's always best to be prepared for all scenarios. :)

Edited by audelair (see edit history)