For all the recent DCFer's....

I have a question for all the recent DCFer's out there. I notice that a lot of the girls who filed last year received notices of approval in about two weeks. Jocelyn didn't get a notice for three months. Now I see Sarah received hers in one month. So, I just want to see what kind of trend is going on. We are going on six weeks now since we filed. I tried to call DHL, but that was no help. The lady was EXTREMELY rude and hung up on me. :angry: And, as I posted recently, I'm concerned about having problems delivering to our address. So, if all the DCFer's can tell me how long it took to get there notices I would really appreciate it. Thanks! :)

Since I live in Guangzhou, I filed directly at the Guangzhou consulate. I filed on 11/30/04 and I received NOA 2 days later. On the NOA, it said the I-130 was approved 12/01/04 and was being sent to the Guangzhou Immigration Unit. I received my P3 a day or two after the NOA.

When I filed, I asked the woman how long it would take, and she said it would only take a couple of days to get to the Guangzhou Immigration Unit.

I think it only took Beijingjenny a week or two after filing in Beijing (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm not sure about other people's time lines on here.

Since you have not even gotten a NOA, sounds like there is a delay at the Shenyang Consulate. If they had a problem delivering it to your address (goes via EMS), the post office should have called you (provided your phone number is correct).

I would try to contact the Shenyang Consulate to see if they have approved it yet. Or, at the very least, how long it takes to approve I-130s. If that doesn't work and you live nearby, you could just drop by and ask.

Hope you get it soon!

Mine wasn't quite as fast as Paladine, but I forgot the exact dates. Check my timeline. I know the notice arrived quite a bit later than the approval was made. Do you mean you tried to call DHS at the consulate? You can always *try* to email GZ and ask even if you don't have the GUZ # yet. I remember you had a possible address issue? What did you do about that, or could that be part of the problem?

Yeah, DHS, that's what I ment. Just a lot of stress recently. :ph34r: Well, the address problem is that I did not write the name of the university, but when I called DHS and tried to explain the situation the lady said "We send it to the chinese address, if that's not correct, it's your fault." and hung up. Now, I don't really remember what we wrote on the chinese address. And, I have regretted this since the moment I gave them my application, but I forgot to make a copy of the I-130 and G-325A's. So, at the present moment I have NO idea what the address says. And, the people in Shenyang told me they send it to Beijing to be approved. Is that right? They always make me talk to this chinese girl who really doesn't know anything. Is that right? If not I will go back and talk to them.

Katrina,

I am sorry that this has happened, but I was always under the assumption that you had to go, in person, to the embassy. Lizzy and I went to Beijing directly to the Kerry Mall, where the Homeland Securty Office is located. We received the NOA notice as soon as we turned it in, it turned out to be a receipt that the man asked us to keep.

I was certainly under the impression that you had to personally turn I-130. I honestly recommend you call the US embassy and make an interview with the Homeland Securty Office. I'd go there personally.

If you can't get these forms straigten out, then I really recommend try to make an interview in Beijing.

Lizzie was approved in about 2 weeks, the whole process should take about 7-9 months. I know this doesn't help, but give the embassy, Homeland security a call if you can. I don't really trust the mail system in China, though I have not run into problems. If you can't resolve this mail problem, go in person. The cost for a hard sleep is around 260 yuans for Ztrain, at least from Wuhan in central China.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I did our I-130 DCF through Beijing. As mentioned by Dan, your receipt of payment (at least here in Beijing) is your only proof that you filed the I-130 at all. You will NOT receive anything until you get the actual Notice of Approval on the petition.

Approval in our case took 40 days (49 until we received the notice).

Best of luck!

A&A

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...