In laws are there (China)-We're here (U.S.).......can we e-file DS-160 from here FOR the in laws?

They are required to "e-sign" the application

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/guangzhou/47024/transcripts/Webchat%20-%20New%20DS-160%20Process%20for%20Non-immigrant%20Visas.pdf

sunny: (16:39) Hi, I want to ask how to sign? Do I need to print the application form first, then sign on

the document?

Visa Officer Tom Leiby: (16:39) Hello, Sunny! With the DS-160, only an e-signature is required. (You're

not required to physically sign any form.) By submitting an e-signature, you agree that the information

contained in the DS-160 is true to the best of your knowledge.

. . .

jeff: (16:41) So, when i finish the DS-160 i just need to print a pice of paper contain code number, and

bring it with my printed photo,right? The printed photo must come from the upload-photo?

Visa Officer Tom Leiby: (16:41) Hello, Jeff! On the day of your interview, you need to bring the

confirmation page, passport, and any supporting documents demonstrating strong social and economic

ties to China. And yes, please bring a passport-sized photo with you. The passport-sized photo must

have been taken within the last six months.

. . .

Visa Officer Booyeon Allen: (16:44) Hello! The new system begins on March 1. You may get help in filling

out the application form. If you do, however, please make sure to indicate on the form that someone

else filled it out for you.

In laws are there (China)-We're here (U.S.).......can we e-file DS-160 from here FOR the in laws?

My in-laws are on their second set of B-2s and each time, I have filled out their DS-160 and electronically submitted it for them without any problems. I fill it out, submit it and then email my in-laws the confirmation page which is what they will need to present at their interview. There is a section at the end of the DS-160 which asks if anyone assisted you with completing the application and I have always entered my name & information there.

• Like 1

Unbelievable........I've tried 3 different times to retrieve/started new apps. -supplying app.number,security question,date of birth,and first 5 letters of surname (which ONLY has 4 letters),and system tells me they don't match.So got to start a 4th. one....had trouble uploading a pic.,and ofcourse finding out mother's mother's name....so session timed out..........gawd......