Rec'd I-864 and Mailed back

Guest blsqueaky

Guest blsqueaky

Well as you can see from my timeline, I have now received both the DS-230 and the I-864, and they have now both been returned to NVC, so now lets see how long it takes to get this sent to GUZ. Any one willing to take a wild guess and make a gentlemens bet. I will go out on a limb here and say that NVC will mail to GUZ within 45 days, and interview Sep late, early Oct.

There was something interesting when I received the I-864 that I thought that I would share here, and that on the cover letter that came with it, it says to send completed form, tax returns for 3 years, W-2 forms, yes, W-2, letter from employer and the bar code sheet.

Now when you get to the instructions for the form, it says complete federal tax returns with all supporting schedules (yes also the schedules, everything that was flied out that was sent with the 1040), and/or W-2s. Well this confused this truck driver so I call NVC, talked to a real nice lady and asked here why the difference. She said that what was in the cover letter was correct, and she does not know why the and/or statement in the instructions regarding the W-2s, but yes, again, also the schedules.

I thought that I should make everyone aware of this. I do not know how this might apply to the AOS cases, but for the CR-1's, heads up.

Till later

hey Mark,

i just sent my I-864 last week with w2's irs form 3032, 1099's and all schedules etc for the last three years, also the last 2 months pay stubs and a letter from my employer. Take no chances!! Gentlemens bet with time for customs delay at least late october. I will be in China about that time, how about a cold one I'd say 50 days! lol

mark

Just as a note...when I returned the I-864 I got an RFE for the Current tax year (2004) even though I had filed an extension and included the W-2 for 2004 with the paperwork.... "AND/Or" does not mean "OR" your W-2. It means they want both the Tax return and your W-2 or go to a previous year. I had to resubmit the RFE with 2001's return.... <_<

Guest blsqueaky
hey Mark,

i just sent my I-864 last week with w2's irs form 3032, 1099's and all schedules etc for the last three years, also the last 2 months pay stubs and a letter from my employer.  Take no chances!!  Gentlemens bet with time for customs delay at least late october.  I will be in China about that time, how about a cold one I'd say 50 days! lol

mark

Okay Mark you are on, if we are there at the same time, cold one at Lucy's. This will be interesting since I am the first one from CFL that is doing IR-1 after a K-3.

Song, you can email NVC and ask them. You just need to put your GUZ number in the subject line, then in the test, beneficiary name, date of birth, then the petitioner and their date of birth, then your question.

jt, I was lucky that my 864 did not get here till I got my taxes all done for this year, so I was able to mail them. I can not find my 2001 taxes