greetings all. Im new to this site but already on my journey to bring my sweetheart to america this coming year.. I have already filed and recieved the package 3 but she has not.. My question concerns are these... why do they send out a package to the sponsor and fiancee? I have sent her copies of all the papers I have recieved and she has already gathered all the documents she needs for the interview, less the medical exam. My question for all of you is, should she wait for her original P3 to come and send those 2 forms back asap or can she use my forms in my P3 package and send those in? I will be in China next week ( 2nd visit) and will bring her my P3 package.... I read that her package might contain serial numbered papers or bar coded papers that she should use. Should I also bring her any orginal documents in case they ask to see them? Im bring her a bunch of paperwork ( phone records, photos, copies of divorce papers, emails, instant messenger messeges, etc... I have all these in 2 binders for her to present to them along with all of her paperwork.. Please let me know any advice... Thank you. :rolleyes:

Welcome to CFL Steve and Qingqing! :lol:

If you have received a P3 package here in the States.....then I assume you have filed for a K3 and this is probably the P3 for your approved I-130 and the CR-1 process (P3 would be sent if your SO sent back paperwork which made you her agent of record).

Also, you are right about the bar-coding being on these papers. Did your paperwork in the P3 have bar-coding? You really do want for her to return the coded forms back with your P3 package.

Since you will be traveling to China in the near future, I would suggest you take these papers with you and any other paperwork she will need when the P4 arrives and an interview is scheduled.

This is my best guess for answering your question. Maybe someone else will jump in and clairify what's up. But rest assured......you've come to the right place for resources. Welcome......and come back often! :rolleyes:

PapaBear

We are not married yet. we have filed for the K-1 visa.. A good friend of mine who's now filing with his wife for her greencard told me he too recieved the P3 package but had no idea why they sent it to him as well as her.. Hers arrived 4 weeks after his and 4 weeks should be when im with my fiancee next week so I hoping she will have hers then and i can check for bar codes.. The only bar code I could find was on the outside envelope. But the forms inside were outdated and had expired.. so I sent her the most recent forms ( expiring in 2007) to "practice" filing out for when hers arrive.... I find this strange that they are sending the packages to both of us... Oh one other note, Ive got one new question, we have known each other since 2001 and since falling in love, shes been calling me her husband and signing her emails with wife ... can i still use these emails as proof or will it only confuse them during the interview since we are NOT husband and wife.. I think it will....if so , then most of our proof is phonecards and phone statements and a few emails that dont imply married... :ph34r:

Avoid anything that could confuse the issues, although if she can explain the reason she did it in English to the VO it may strengthen the evidence of relationship.

Why does GUZ do things? This is a question we all ponder. It appears that the wisdom of GUZ is beyond anything we can imagine.

I'm waiting for our P3 to arrive at the end of April or the beginning of May if the average waiting period from NVC to GUZ is still the same. I'll let everyone know if they are still sending it to both the fiance and fiancee.

As for calling you husband before you're married. I have the same problem. We had our engagement party with her parents and she is considered given to me in marriage. She calls me her husband every time we talk on the phone. I'm a little worried about this. I told her that when it's time to go to your interview you have to call me by my name and not husband. She said that she knows and that she's not stupid. I tried to explain that I know that she's smart. The point that I'm getting at is that with human nature sometimes when you do something repeatedly it becomes almost like a habit. All we need is that slip of saying my husband and....?

If we just happen to get the wrong VO then we're sunk, no matter how much she tries to explain it you might get a blue slip and have to prove you're not married!

As for calling you husband before you're married. I have the same problem. ...I told her that when it's time to go to your interview you have to call me by my name and not husband. She said that she knows and that she's not stupid. I tried to explain that I know that she's smart.

Ah I see that your SO is Chinese :ph34r:

I can draw some comparisons with my friend because he was K-1 last year and recieved a P3 package and his fiancee one also.. he thought it a mix up of some sorts but she got her P3 4 weeks later...hopefully my fiancee will get one as well and when im there. As of now it would be best for me to just bring them to her next week in person.. no chance of them getting lost and id like to go over them before she mails them off so as we dont forget anything....Thank you for your advice though.

Im hoping she will get a P3 as well...Mine was actually mailed from washington but had the GUZ seal on the outside.