Personal Statement Question

Dabizi, Welocme to CFL !

A great place to ask questions and get advice. Which I see you have plenty on your situation. I just included simple intent to marry letters and a very short supplement to how we met and loved each other.

Do not worry to much ! If you think you are missed something, get the fix ready now. If you get a RFE you can send back quickly. The good news is that RFE's are usually resolved quickly once they have the requested information.

Best wishes

If you look at this link it is recommended that you put that statement of how you met as a supplement to question 19. That's what I did. Too late now but for others to bookmark

129f question 19 supplemental info

Wow, I actually know something now to help others :o

Link does not work. I blame the "great fire wall" (I'm IN China now, and plan to be for the near future).

Do you mean question 18 on the I-129F? Page 2, part B? Question 19 is in reguards to where she will apply.

I included the circumstances that we met and started our relationship, but did not include an intent to marry.

Age is not an issue.

When are you going back to the states?

Once back in the states (assuming you are not staying the next year),  when do you plan to visit her again?

There seems to be three issues that seem to contribute toward a best chance scenario, but there's exceptions to every rule;

1) Proving you have a valid relationship

a. Visitation -  Preferably more than just one time over the course of the visa process

b. Communication - established (her english is good and/or you Mandarin is good)

2) Financial support - meets threshold, or you have sponors to help

3) Interview -  The SO provides answers or paperwork as needed. 

It is at #3 that you'll find out if #1 or #2 are lacking in some way, and either:

a. get the 'dreadful' blue slip... where more evidence is often needed, but also often satisfied in the followup.

b. Otherwise,  you get the white slip saying your SO gets the visa.

I'm not going back to the states until she can come with me. I've visted the states twice since meeting her and was in a horrible mood without her. So I'm not going back without her.

I was hoping 6 months more here but from what everybody says it looks more like a year.

If you look at this link it is recommended that you put that statement of how you met as a supplement to question 19. That's what I did. Too late now but for others to bookmark

129f question 19 supplemental info

Wow, I actually know something now to help others :o

Link does not work. I blame the "great fire wall" (I'm IN China now, and plan to be for the near future).

Do you mean question 18 on the I-129F? Page 2, part B? Question 19 is in reguards to where she will apply.

I included the circumstances that we met and started our relationship, but did not include an intent to marry.

I-129F (rev. 4/16/04)

18. Have your fiance(e) meet and seen you.

The "Intent to Marry" should have at least a blurp like :

I, [AF], do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry [FF], and intend to do so within 90 days of his entry into the United States using the K-1 visa, and that I do so out of love.

Even if you don't get an RFE, you'd better have the letter for the interview...

I'm not going back to the states until she can come with me.  I've visted the states twice since meeting her and was in a horrible mood without her. So I'm not going back without her.

I was hoping 6 months more here but from what everybody says it looks more like a year.

So you can stay on a work permit?

Did you consider to get married there, since you can be there anyway? Could of done a direct filing while in CHina, which is fastest method..

So, what state do you live in and service center did you send to?

The Service Center will have some impact on the timelines... but your probably looking at 8-12 months for K1.

I'm not going back to the states until she can come with me.  I've visted the states twice since meeting her and was in a horrible mood without her. So I'm not going back without her.

So you can stay on a work permit?

Did you consider to get married there, since you can be there anyway? Could of done a direct filing while in CHina, which is fastest method..

So, what state do you live in and service center did you send to?

The Service Center will have some impact on the timelines... but your probably looking at 8-12 months for K1.

It is complicated... but now I've been here for a year I constantly get job offers. As long as I have a VISA I will have a job here.

My financee is still in school and as of this moment she can't get married until she graduates (Chinese law changes in september... after she graduates so the point is moot). We originally hoped that we could leave here this summer, but now I suspect that is a dream. That's why we tried the fiancee VISA and not waited to get married, so that the wait would not be so long.

My home state is Illinois so it was sent to Nebraska. My fiancee says it is known to be the slowest center. Oh, I am a lucky guy.