What happened in the interview

Sorry it has taken so long to post this but this is what happened in the interview.

First he made her swear an oath that every thing she said was the truth or he would not let them in the United States.

What is your fiancé’s name?

What is his job?

Where does he live?

Does he have children?

When and where did you meet?

How many times did you meet in China?

When did you meet in China?

Why did your fiancé only see you one time in China he make so much money each month? She showed him a notarized letter from me explaining that because my company is in the middle of a large expansion I have been very busy training new light rail operators and could not get any time off. I have been also training some one else to fill in for me and I want to save all my vacation time to use for when she arrived.

Can you speak English?

How can we communicate? We write to each other every day and we talk on the phone two times every day.

Show me the phone bills at once?

All questions where asked in Chinese with a translator speaking the Chinese the vo could not speak Chinese.

He told the translator he found it difficult to believe we can communicate and he gave her the blue slip.

Meixiang tried to show more proof and he did not answer.

He is a white man bald with a yellow long beard. He smiled often.

He keep the photos of us together, some hand written letters I sent (would not look at emails) and the notarized letter explaning why I could not return a second time.

She has to bring a video tape of me speaking some Chinese (as you already) know

Boba and Meixiang

;)

boba,

For someone who admits to speaking 'little mandarin' , this has to be a difficult step... I wanted to ask if you did any part of the video in english (assumes you would have to be with her to make sense, but then this is really her proving her english)? So, is the tape of just you ? (I assume the second questions is yes since you are not there with her).

I thought that most of the time, they want a video show the two talking together.

The instructions as presented to me by Meixiang where provide a video tape of me speaking some Chinese it must be VHS format. I believe that in other posts this is what was asked for a video of the petioner speaking Chinese.

I made two tapes of me taking on the phone with Meixiang and put them both onto the VHS tape. I am speaking several different things in Chinese as we always practice this way. I also wrote and notarized a letter stating what I was doing that Meixiang was talking to me in English and I was repeating what she was saying. I am holding the phone talking for about 25 minutes total.

Boba and Meixiang

The instructions as presented to me by Meixiang where provide a video tape of me speaking some Chinese it must be VHS format.  I believe that in other posts this is what was asked for a video of the petioner speaking Chinese.

I made two tapes of me taking on the phone with Meixiang and put them both onto the VHS tape.  I am speaking several different things in Chinese as we always practice this way.  I also wrote and notarized a letter stating what I was doing that Meixiang  was talking to me in English and I was repeating what she was saying.  I am holding the phone talking for about 25 minutes total.  

Boba and Meixiang

So you are doing a video tape (conversion by phone in Chinese) without both of you physically together? From what I have read, the VO really wants the couple (both of you) on a video tape together talking to each other (sitting together) in Chinese. Just make sure the video tape show your face all the time while you are talking Chinese to her on the phone.

Good luck.

This is what was in the email from Meixiang the day of the interview.

Dear Boba:

Hello my husband. I am very sad we get blue paper this afternoon. The officer say: Please provide a video tape (VHS format) showing petitioner can speak some Chinese.

When I receive the video tape from you. The consulate say I can return 9 to 10AM, Monday and Thursday, to continue my visa case.Check web site for passible schedule changes.

Boba and Meixiang