Getting confused

My fiancee is here on a K-1 visa. Doesn't this mean that an immigrant number has been assigned to her?

After we get married next week I will send in the I-485, G-325, and I-864, and other accompanying docs such as birth cert, copies of visas, vaccination supplement, etc. I don't still need to send in a I-130, do I? I think this was already accomplished with the I-129F.

It seems that I should maybe also be sending in a I-765 (employment authorization) and a I-131 (so she can travel out of the country if necessary).

Is there anything else I have forgotten?

After I send this package in, what is the next thing that will happen, and approximately how long does it take?

Sorry to be so ignorant.

JJ

JJ get your social security number as soon as you get here or as soon as you get married. They should accept your I-94 in your passport as enough to get the SS number. If they wont then do it as soon as you marry and take a certified copy of the marriage certificate. You can change information at social security easily later. Having the SSnumber makes it easier for other things because most forms you will be doing will ask for it. If you are coming to a state that requires the Social Security number to get a driver's license it is even more important to do quickly.

After I send in the I-485 is an interview required before she can receive her temporary green card, or does she automatically get something in the mail first? What does this interview consist of, and am I allowed to be there?

Do the vaccinations for the vaccination supplement have to be done by a civil surgeon or can our family doctor do them? I can't seem to find any official information on this.

After I send in the I-485 is an interview required before she can receive her temporary green card, or does she automatically get something in the mail first?  What does this interview consist of, and am I allowed to be there?

Yes there is an interveiw. And Yes you can be there, but they will not let you answer questions for her. And you will need to bring your own translator if her english is not very good.

Do the vaccinations for the vaccination supplement have to be done by a civil surgeon or can our family doctor do them?  I can't seem to find any official information on this.

As I understand it it does not make any difference where you get the vaccinations, but a civil surgeon does have to sign the I-693.

Check out the USCIS site under forms and fees look for form I-693 the instructions are in confusing detail :blink:

After I send in the I-485 is an interview required before she can receive her temporary green card, or does she automatically get something in the mail first?  What does this interview consist of, and am I allowed to be there?

Yes there is an interveiw. And Yes you can be there, but they will not let you answer questions for her. And you will need to bring your own translator if her english is not very good.

You will get a letter for the AOS interview in the mail. You have to attend the AOS interview. If you don't go, your wife's AOS will be rejected. Bring an interpreter because you can't translate for her. Our first AOS interview was rejected because I couldn't translate for her.

Tony,

How well must she undestand English at the AOS interview. Ours is coming up this Friday. I consider my wife to be 80%-90% fluent - she studied English for 2 years at Shenzhen University and studies every day. She has already sucessfully interviewed for a job at King Soopers in our hometown. Are the questions asked at the interview technical in nature? Are electronic translators permited?

Thanks,

Jeff

Tony,

How well must she undestand English at the AOS interview.  Ours is coming up this Friday.  I consider my wife to be 80%-90% fluent - she studied English for 2 years at Shenzhen University and studies every day.  She has already sucessfully interviewed for a job at King Soopers in our hometown.  Are the questions asked at the interview technical in nature?  Are electronic translators permited?

Thanks,

Jeff

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....64fe5fe569b4eea

The VO will ask the same questions from the I-485 (ex: Did you ever try to come to this country illegally? Did you ever get arrested?)