Two Visas K1 & K2- One envelope!

My fiancee Hai Yan and her son both received visas in their passports the day after the interview. They received one brown envelope to take with them to the POE. The envelope is marked K1 & K2.

My concern is that her son is not travelling with his mother to the U.S. He will come to the U.S. sometime during the summer after he finishes up his school year in China. We made this clear at every step of the way. Everytime it was asked on a form, we stated that her son would be traveling to the U.S. seperately several months after his mother. He is 10 years old? Should he have a seperate envelope? Will he need this when he comes to the U.S. If so what is the solution. My fiancee will be leaving for the U.S. in less than two weeks.

By the way, what exactly is in the envelope? She also has a seperate envelope that holds her xray.

Has anyone had a K2 follow at a later date? If so did they have a seperate envelope? I would love to know if anyone has had this experience?

Hey John,

Yes, someone did just do what your trying to do. I think they took the envelope back to the consulate and they split into two packages for them. I can't remember who did this though.

Thanks Gene.

I already told Hai Yan she might have to do this. I hope whoever had that experience will chime in here to tell me what they did.

I would like to know, who we should take the envelope to? How can she get into the Consulate? Will they let her get into the consulate? Does she have to schedule an appointment? How long will it take them to change one envelope into two envelopes? Will she have to come back the next day?

Hey John,

Yes, someone did just do what your trying to do. I think they took the envelope back to the consulate and they split into two packages for them. I can't remember who did this though.

That would be me.

It meant going to the citizen's window on the 2nd floor and getting the nice lady there to call the guards and tell them to direct me to the visa interveiw area. I spoke with one of the interveiwers, and explained the situation. They took the envelope and told me to have my wife pick up the two envelopes the next day. The only bump in the road was the guy at the window where she picked up the two envelopes. He had her sign a statement that the daughter would follow in four months. Why he did this is not clear, but it ticked me off that he would presume to change policy.

John, She will most likely have to approach the staff at the 8:00 line for the daily interviews and explain the situation to them to get access to the interveiwer who can take the envelope and have her return the next day to pick it up. This is probably not as rare an occurance as it seems, so I'm sure the consulate is used to dealing with it.

Marty,

You are a life saver! That's the wonderful thing about CFL. Almost anything you ask, someone else has already had the experience, and they can give you an answer. I 'll still send an email to GZ to see how we can get Hai Yan into the Consulate. But now I know what we have to do.

Thanks, for your help Marty! :greenblob: