Our 03FEB05 interview

I wrote something, and it just timed out. I'll keep it real brief. I had notes, but can't find them, since we've been married.

In the morning we were the first ones in line, but it didn't matter. Once inside she was given a number that designated her as one of the afternoon interviews. We went back to the hotel and slept.

We returned in the afternoon. Once inside she was directed to take a seat in a room with others waiting to be called to a window.

When she was called she went to the window, and when she could see the VO, she said, "Hello." At the same time the VO said, "Hello." They both started to laugh, and the VO stated, "We'll I guess you speak english." Helen replied, "For sure." They started laughing again. The VO was white male, chubby (not fat), white hair, and very nice.

The VO turned to a lady standing behind him and said, "I guess you're not needed, you can go." And they started to laugh. The lady told Helen, "Good luck." Helen thanked her.

The VO asked Helen where she learned to speak english. Helen told him at University. He asked her if she graduated, so she said, "Of course." and she handed him her degree. Apparently the VO has served in the country Helen attended university. He began to speak the language and they talked a little about the country. Helen said she felt very comfortable from the moment they both said, "Hello."

The VO asked Helen:

1. How long have you known each other?

2. How did you meet?

3. How many times did you visit each other?

4. Do you have pictures? (He randomly searched her photo album and pointed to a few pictures and asked who the people were and where the pictures were taken.)

5. He asked to see my Affidavit of Support. (He flipped throught pages, not really looking at anything, until he got to the Notary page. He looked at the notary and gave it back to her.)

6. He gave her the white slip and told her to come back the next day.

Helen said she felt comfortable the whole time. The VO spoke off and on in the language from the Country she went to University. He was very nice to her.

Next day p/u visa:

All the people were let inside the stantions. They stood across the drive from the windows and were given instructions. I couldn't hear the instructions, but Helen said they were basically, "Wait for your name to be called, then go to the window number you hear. At the window show your white slip and listen to the instructions at the window. If you are called to window #(I can't remember the number, but that day it was the one on the far right, if you are facing the windows), then you will not be receiving the visa today. You will need to provide more items. You will be given a list of what is needed."

I counted roughly 175ppl standing there. Helen counted 17ppl called to the "need more items, no visa window" before she stopped counting. Helen was one of the last names called. There were only 30ppl standing there when she was called. She was very happy and couldn't stop smiling. I had to cheer for her, and it embarrassed her a little.

I have to go now. I'll post later about our experiences in GUZ. We were at the Victory Hotel for 2 weeks. For us the pros outweighed the cons.

Good luck everyone. The last two months have been hectic. I was on vacation for seven weeks. Still getting back into work mode, and marriage mode. I love Kuuipo dearly. Glad we are finally together. Just a few more hurdles to clear.

Thanks for all the help.

Helen and Sonny