I just got off the phone with my fiancee who is getting her medical exam in Guangzhou for the interview. My understanding is that one of the things she must get at the medical exam is a "immunization record" or "immunization book", that's supposedly yellow, and she will bring to the US. Now I was told she must get this book BEFORE she goes for the interview. Tonight she is telling me the doctor told her she doesn't have to get the book until AFTER she gets the visa. What the heck? Who's correct? Thanks.

Ok, there's TWO books.

One is the immunization record, which details which shots she got. That one is yellow and they should give it to her when she gets the immunizations so she can have a record of what she recieved and when she recieved it. Mostly so when she goes for the boosters in a month they know what to do next. Won't have to show that at the interveiw but it's more for record keeping for the next doc down the pike. Don't know if she'll need that when she goes into US or not, but better to have it.

Second is the "Traveler's Health Record" which is a brown book and would have her photo, plus all the other info like blood type, chest X ray results, EKG results, etc. She doesn't need that for the interview either, but needs to get it before she leaves for the U.S. This is a PRC government requirement, won't let her leave the country on an imigrant visa without it. Like I stated in another post, I even have to have one for my PRC residence permit (Which reminds me I need to go for my yearly residence physical next week ;)

2 separate books, two separate paines in the fanny. :lol: :D If she's doing the medical at the med center on Shamain island, they should automatically give her the yellow book when she gets the shots. The brown one you don't need until they give you the visa, and you get that at a completely separate place across town.

Bob

I believe shots or shot records are not required for the interview. Jingwen went ahead a got some shots before the interview and some after the interview because they were cheaper in China. The info was put in her yellow book which we carried to the civil surgeon in the US at the time we we filed for AOS.