what should I do?

HI All

how are you all doing? I have a quick question, would changing a job poses any trouble or problems to my wife's current CR-1 process?

here is my situation:

- my company is likely to fold soon because of F***ed up management, I am so frustrated everyday working there.

- if it weren't waiting for my wife's CR-1 to complete, i would probably left the company a few months ago.

- Now knowing that my wife's CR-1 is completed and forward to GZ, and I am up to a point that i am so frustrated with my company's management, i can NOT stay there any longer.

-my question is, can i leave my company now? what kind of things should I be careful if i leave my current company? is there any documentation change or info. that i need to prepare for my wife before her interview?

right now, My wife is still waiting for her P4 to arrive, i guess it should be soon.

-What should i do, friends, please help me!

Regards

Felix

Have you completed the I-864? If not, my inclination would be to tough it out and get the verification of employment, etc.

If the I-864 has already been prepared with the required documentation and is still current, I'd probably tell my boss to take the job and put it where the sun doesn't shine.

Guest dcwfn

As far as the support documentation goes, I can attest to the fact that my own job situation changed drastically. The documents had already been approved so as for the idiots at Guangzhou's Consulate are concerned it's a moot point now. Then again, in my case they did still find yet another reason to refuse her the same CR-1 visa so it's hard to tell with these people.

Right now, I am not quitting yet. My wife's case is completed and closed at NVC and now it's on the way to GZ, it might have already reached the consulate. all the finanical support docuements (i864, employment letter) are now indicating my current company.

if i deceide to change job during this final CR-1 process, would i need to resubmit all the finanical documents and employment status again?

who should we send the new information to? Now everything is at GZ consulate. Would it be OK if my wife bring along my latest employment information with her during her interview?

please point me to the right direction, I am so confused now.....

Thanks

You do need to be able to show a current letter of employment at the interview and prove you are able to support her 25% above the federal poverty guidelines. In lieu of that you will need to be able to show enough assets to make up the difference, ie stocks ,bonds, home equity, etc. If you change jobs you need only bring a new letter of employment stating the salary and whether or not the position is permanent. Everything else is based on last years income.

Right now, there is nothing that requires you to notify the authorities. The I-864 is good for one year from signature, notarization and submission. If the oath is over a year old when the I-864 is submitted to post, the consular officer will request a new one.

After the I-864 has been submitted to and accepted by a consular officer (in the immigrant visa interview), it does not expire. However, if the supporting documents are more than 12 months old, the consular officer will ask for new supporting documents, such as the most recent federal income tax returns (1040) and a current employment letter.

If you change jobs, have a current letter of employment available for the applicant in case one is asked for at time of interview.