1st NOA I-130 WHEN?

On January 16th 2005, I sent my I-130 petition, two 325-A forms, all meticulously filled out, my translated official PRC marriage certificate, and the rest of my documents; along with my 185 dollar US money order, to the US consulate in Guangzhou.

As a US citizen, I have been living here in China for five years. My Chinese wife and I have been married for a year and a half--married right here in China.

Well, I haven't heard anything from the consulate--nothing, nada, and zilch.

I did, however, send an email yesterday inquiring about what is going on--so perhaps I will hear something within a week.

Is this common particularly with US-Chinese married couples here? I thought by now I would have heard something, anything.

<_<

I wonder what's going on. Our relevant phone numbers are on the documents,as well as our mailing address here in China; yet, nothing....

Have I been patient enough?

Should I have just bypassed Guangzhou altogether and sent the petition and everything stateside, that is, if I could?

This is my first posting, so please pardon my ignorance.

I'm not sure if the rules have changed in the past few months or not, but when I filed the I-130 at the GZ consulate, I had to provide my Chinese resident's permit, better known as the "green book." With out that, I would have had to file the I-130 through the Texas processing center that handles petitions from my home state of Florida.

I'm not sure whether or not the rules have changed in the past few months, but when I filed the I-130 at the GZ consulate, I had to produce my Chinese resident's permit, better known as the "green book" before they would accept my petition. Without the green book, I would have hade to file through whatever processing center in the U.S. that handles petitions from my home state. I would assume that the GZ consulate would accept a notarized copy if you file by mail.