Adjustment of Status was halted

Don't get me wrong, I am just about as angry about the visa delays as anyone else but I am still not beyond grasping at straws for a little hope.

In checking the doc steen K1 board I just noticed where this immigration lawyer posted that he had received word from the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) that the headquarters of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) has indicated to the AILA that the problems the INS had with the "FBI checks" (the lawyer's words) "have been resolved, and that approvals of adjustment of status and naturalization applications are proceeding."

This lawyer, Matt Udall, goes on to observe, "Of course, I'm sure quite a number of these have piled up while the halt was in effect, so who knows how long it will take for an approval letter to arrive, for example, in an Adjustment of Status (AOS) case where the interview has already occurred."

I have been so fixated on just the visa delay problem that I was not aware that this halt in processing of AOS had been taking place. Apparently there has been a gigantic delay in processing of all kinds of immigration related matters due to this name check process. Now, according to this lawyer, the INS is informing the AILA that a problem has been resolved. This may be a good indication for us.

Robert:

Although we are still awaiting word regarding resubmission and are far behind you at this point, I wish you all the best in navigating the perilous waters of the next stage in this ongoing nightmare. Please keep us posted as to your progress and any problems you may enounter. To be well informed and well prepared is half the battle. Well....with INS maybe a quarter of the battle. B)

Mick,

Thank you for your well wishes but I am in the same boat as you. I am waiting for my wife's visa.

My point, again, is that if the FBI name check process had caused a halt to AOS processing and now the INS tells the lawyer's association that processing will begin again, then the processing of OUR cases may not be as hopeless as some of us here may have felt it was.

- Robert

Mick,

Thank you for your well wishes but I am in the same boat as you.  I am waiting for my wife's visa. 

My point, again, is that if the FBI name check process had caused a halt to AOS processing and now the INS tells the lawyer's association that processing will begin again, then the processing of OUR cases may not be as hopeless as some of us here may have felt it was.

- Robert

As long as it comes before we all get 15 blue thinggies out here, I agree