Waiting in Guangzhou

Never been so cold in my life as in Guangzhou. No heat in the hotel. Cold, damp weather. We spent the afternoon in bed yesterday just trying to keep warm.

This morning it's a lot warmer. I walked Jun to the consulate at 6 am so we could be early in line. We were about the fourth people there but soon there was a very long line behind us. Jun insisted I go for breakfast at 7 and by the time I returned a little past 8 she was already in. So now I'm wearing out the concrete on Shamian Island waiting for the good news.

We met Bruce & Ying and Ken & Shaoyun last night for dinner and enjoyed that a lot. Ying figured out how to activate my GMS cell phone so I decided she is a genius. She's supposed to pick up the visa this afternoon. Shaoyun already had hers so we got to see what both look like.

Will post results this afternoon.

Good luck to all y'all. (Tip of the hat to Ken on the southern stuff.)

Lowell

Welcome to Guangdong, Lowell, You northerners, I' used to live in upper midwest, where it got to -15c but ever felt so cold as Dongguan in the winter, and it's only down to 8c. On top of that, my apartment has centeral heat set the heaters to 27 and it STILL feels cold. Guess I'm a wimp these days.

Good Luck Lowell, I'll be up that way tomorrow to go to ACS to get my I-864 notarized, hope to see some smiling faces.

Bob