AOS are they serious??

As things progress and her hoped for interview gets closer, we are looking now at what comes later. I have been reading here and elsewhere and checking on required documentation. When we applied as K-1 it was classified as nonimmigrant but the process would be about the same as for immigration because of the intent. Fair enough.

So why do we have to fill out the same information on different forms that we already supplied the same government for the visa? And, why does she need to see a doctor for a physical or vaccinations when it was required for her to enter the country and she is already here?

Ok, ok, I'm just venting. I should realize by now that there is no rhyme or reason to what we are asked to do. I also know I must do this and that and when it is done follow the next instructions even if they repeat what I just did.

So all of you senior members please help me make this easier. Are there a list of documents that she should bring with her that will make it easier for us to make the hurdels. Should she have multiple copies with translation of her birth certificate? The vaccination record? Will we need the divorce record after she arrives for anything?

In other words could someone make a checklist of the documentation she would be advised to bring from China to make transition to America easier? Also could you note at what stages we will need the documents?

It always helps to be prepared before walking into the coliseum. Thanks for all the help so far from you who have walked through fire and survived.

Just had a thought.....why don't we do a reality show CFL SURVIVORS. We can all contribute scripts. Nah .... it wouldn't work..... nobody would believe it. A reality show needs some credibility.

For AOS interview you should bring everything you took to the visa interview plus what they ask for. The most important being proof of a valid marriage, ie utility bills in both names, bank statements in both names, company health insurance showing she is covered, titles, deeds etc. It is a good idea to have multiple translated notarized copies of birth divorce cerrts anyway for lots of things she may encounter in life here. The reason for the second G-325 is her family composition changed when she married you. That and the department of redundancy department. You will need the I-485 adjustment of status. I-693 supplimental (a new physical is not required for K visas) I-864 affidavit of support, I-793 if getting EAD and the advanced parole (I forget the form number) if you are getting it. Portland is fast so we didn't bother. If I forgot anything some others will chime in.

Thanks Carl.  I checked out all the forms on USCIS's website. The only thing I didn't find was a I-793. I did find the I-765 form for Application for Employment Authorization, is this a change or is this the right one?

I-765 is for EAD. I-131 is Advance Parole.

I-693 is the medical form used for adjustment of status. Different offices across the US handle the I-693 in different ways. Find out the procedures from your CIS regional office.