Question about Police Certificates

Hi,

My petition was approved and fowarded to GZ on 12/1/04.

I asked a question about Police Certificates the other day. My fiancee was in Holland for 3 years, and she is worried that it will take a long time to obtain Police certificates from Holland. She will get the police certificate from China.

My question is if we don't bring in the police certificate from Holland to the interview, what will happen? Will they deny our K1 visa petition? We will have all our other required paper work with us and in addition we will have the emails, phone logs, several letters, etc...

Also, since our case was forwarded to GZ on 12/1/04, roughly, how much more time would it be before we will have an interview date set?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

My petition was approved and fowarded to GZ on 12/1/04.

I asked a question about Police Certificates the other day.  My fiancee was in Holland for 3 years, and she is worried that it will take a long time to obtain Police certificates from Holland.  She will get the police certificate from China.

My question is if we don't bring in the police certificate from Holland to the interview, what will happen?  Will they deny our K1 visa petition? We will have all our other required paper work with us and in addition we will have the emails, phone logs, several letters, etc...

Also, since our case was forwarded to GZ on 12/1/04, roughly, how much more time would it be before we will have an interview date set?

Thanks in advance.

She will likely need those certificates. However, given that you will likely not get an interview before June or July, you have plenty of time to obtain them before hand (rather than being told you need them and then waiting and going back to GZ for another interview).

Good Luck!

Here are a couple of links that might be helpful.

http://www.netherlands-embassy.org/article...ef=AR00000134EN - the Dutch embassy. Apparently police certificates are called good conduct certificates (how quaint).

http://www.australianaustralia.com/page/Co...ries_J_to_P/292 - from an Australian website suggesting that it can take up to 3 months to get the certificate.

I agree that it would be a very good idea to get the clearance certificate and also to contact the Dutch embassy/consulate in China to find out the exact procedures.